El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure would be nice to see more activity in our region here. I realize with such a large region stretching half way across the country it must be difficult to get people together for some fun, rod runs, and special events. The idea to split it to the separate provinces may help, but is there enough membership to adequately do this and still make sense?

Would love to get out and show off our El Camino's somewhere. And mine is not a pretty sight at all at this time, but am still up for the occasional run or get together in the Lower Mainland of B.C.

When and where is the next event around here that can be promoted to get us coming out of the woodwork? There is an annual rod-run here on the Sunshine Coast in August sponsored by the Coasters Car Club held on a Friday evening, with a Show and Shine on Saturday, and then our drag races (1/8 mile) at the small airport the following Sunday sponsored by the Sunshine Coast Drag Association.

It's a ton o fun, and you get to visit paradise! So who's up for that? But in the meantime, what else is going on? There must be something sooner in the Vancouver area.

Just throwing it out there, and would like to see some Elkys and meet more Elky nuts!

·
Registered
335 Posts
agreed, there is not much if any activity in our region. i still have my elco parked waiting for some nicer weather and a new set of drag radials for the summer. count me in if we get something going. i'm in surrey/langley for anyone wondering.
feel free to introduce yourself if ya see me.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Hey Tim. This great big country of ours is blessing and a curse. Of the 4 provinces in our region 21 we have 118 members. Only about 12 to 15 seem to be active. That makes it pretty hard to do a get together, which is to bad. I will do 2 show and shines in shines in B.C. this year. One in Raduim and hopefully with the new motor I can make it to Kelowna.
I don't know what it is, I have about 5 to 8 elky's I see at local shines but they don't seem to be interested in our site or even doing a get together. I know as an elky owner I'm looked at as being different, but us weirdos need to stick together and be with our own kind.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey - so here in AB it has been raining most w/ends but I am sure gettin the itch to get out and drive my elco. A good show is coming to Red Deer on July 30 - Aug 5. It is called SuperRun 2012 and promises to be a very good time. Well worth the travel!

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Hey klaff, how's things in Olds. I see Olds has a S&S on june 16 called the Mountain View Pistons 7th S&S. Have you been to it yet and how was the turn out. I have a couple I could go to on that day but I really like small town shows and the drive is what it's all about. Rodger

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We've also been getting our fair share of rain this year. Hold on! let me correct that! We've had a lot of rain this year!

There is a Show and Shine today in Coquitam at KMS tools but the only thing shining will be the cars. I can't get to it as I am busy working on my TPI which is off the elky at this time.

It's maybe just a dream, but I would sure like to drum up some activity here and hopefully see a bunch of our El Caminos running down the highway and through the streets all together in convoy.

So what's it gonna take to get a bunch of elky's all together? Free beer? :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
" I know as an elky owner I'm looked at as being different, but us weirdos need to stick together and be with our own kind. "

Rodger, all you Canucks are weird!! NOW, iffin' ya think I REALLY mean that, you ARE weird. I have met several RCAF troops while in the USAF, and I found them to be an extremely great and accomodating bunch of men. I've also found that those of you on Central are ALSO a great bunch of guys. I wish your group could have an event like we had at Belton. OH, and FWIW, my first wife was basically raised in Alberta, mostly Edmonton and Red Deer.:You_Rock:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey sorry I did'nt check in here yesterday. Our small town of Olds had a SnS today. The weather started with spitting rain until about 12:30 (when will this end??) but then the sun came out and it was a nice day to check out the cars. Unfortunately not to good of a turn out due to the bad start but still some very nice cars. Only one elco (a beauty black 69). Also a pretty nice 64 Rachero (I know I am certianly not a frd guy but the early ones are not too bad). Tommorow hoping for nice weather so I can go down to Crossfield to see what show up there. My exhaust system is supposed to come this week so I can get mine back on the road in time for the sunshine:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Red Deer had a really good turn out tonight (Thurs) for the weekly show - weather was perfect with probably 300 cars out - only one elco (a slammed 64)

·
932 Posts
Yesterday there was at least half a dozen el caminos including 2nd,3rd and 5th gens at the Chilliwack annual downtown carshow ,most of these elkys were members of the BC chevelle/el camino and beaumont club , one of our locals brought his freshly painted 79 caballero diablo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, the weather is warming up, seeing a lot more camino's on the road now that the sun is hanging around! The B.C. Chevelle Club along with Lordco is putting on a show on July 29 at the new Lordco in surrey down on Scott Road at the bottom of the hill, there will be a bunch of caminos out for that for sure, come on out! Would be a great time to meet everyone on here

·
Registered
12 Posts
Zombieking, I have been to the Sleepy Hollow run a couple years ago, had a great time, Im looking to go again this year hopefully. Leogexx, I made it out to the Chilliwack show, was a great show and there were a lot of great cars out! I wish i looked on this before going out, would have been nice to meet some members here

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, the weather is warming up, seeing a lot more camino's on the road now that the sun is hanging around! The B.C. Chevelle Club along with Lordco is putting on a show on July 29 at the new Lordco in surrey down on Scott Road at the bottom of the hill, there will be a bunch of caminos out for that for sure, come on out! Would be a great time to meet everyone on here

count me in on this one, is there a sign up sheet ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Glad to see some activity here in this thread! I would be up for the Langley show if I'm back from my trip to Alaska by then. Also would like to try to get to the Lordco event if I get my engine back together in time. I am working on the top-end and taking my sweet time about it, but it has to be done for the August races here which is the Sleepy Hollow weekend here on the Sunshine Coast. This tpi is a monster to tear apart so I will probably do some port and polish head work while it's off.

Will be nice to meet you Hellky, so I will be on the lookout for you at Sleepy Hollow, and I'll hope to see you Conspiracy at one of the other two, or both maybe. As for Leogexx (Chris), take me up on my offer to help you, I will probably be back out to Abbotsford this weekend. Would be nice to have you ready for Langley show.

There was a really nice Elky with a huge blower on it at the drags in May, but I was so busy racing that I didn't get a chance to chat with him. August 12th is race day at the Sechelt airstrip, which follows the Sleepy Hollow run on friday night and the show'n'shine down mainstreet Sechelt on saturday. Come one, come all, just come on up and make a weekend of it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Conspiracy,there is a sign up sheet for pre registration on the bc chevelle club website, bcchevelleclub(dot)com, or can register at the show. Zombieking, i remember seeing a couple of camino's at the last sleepy hollow drags i saw, always fun up there!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts