El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new issue of Super Chevy Magazine is out and gives mention to NECOA from Palm Beach Super Chevy Show in March. Article has one nice picture of the several Elky's in the front row. Mention of the club in the article and the picture caption, no single shots of any Elky and one engine picture. So this year we got some mention while not what we may wish to see it is a start. Remember this is the Super Chevy Magazine coverage and picture and the posted winners are there editors pics and have nothing to do with the Super Chevy Show Sunday winners that are not posted.

While this is a step better then previous coverage it is still not what Super Chevy Magazine printed in other coverages from the ten years prior to 2009 approx. While the amount of pages seams the same as in the past maybe it is less and there coverage is limited a certain amount of magazine area. I think it is great that we are getting coverage as a club and the Editor Jim C has done us justice and seams to stop by and say hello, he can only do so much with the pages he has to fill and a hole show field full of neat cars that all deserve a picture and mention.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
You beat me to it Jay, I was just gonna post that.

Nice little blurb, a decent group shot, an engine shot of El Cromeo........

And a line up of new camaros(whee) with MISTY coming along beside them. In the background of course, but shes still there.

·
0 Posts
This shows our cars are getting more respect and now our resale values increase!:texas::beer:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,536 Posts
Way to represent guys! :nanawrench:

Saw it right there on page 99 when I opened it up this afternoon, and I about flipped.

And since this post is worthless without pics, here you go...

·
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rush , it's not worthless you are suppose to have the mag or go get it or it comes to your door. The chromeo engine shot is the next page upper right.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,603 Posts
Thanks for the heads up and the supporting words . I haven`t received the latest issue of Super Chevy Magazine yet but I will be eagerly looking for it to arrive . I guess even with magazine deliveries , the Fl. keys is still in Manana land :poke: .

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Last year I made it to the show & no picture ! This year I didn't make it to the show & WALAA ! See ya at the Springs ! & Gainesville !Way to go Region 6 !!

·
Deputy Director Region 6
1,630 Posts
Congratulations Region 6!

Nice caption under El Chromeo's engine picture "this elky could use more chrome", guess the photographer was blinded by the reflection, 464elky got a nice mention. I could swear that's my '55 at the end of the shot, does anyone know if this is from Saturday or Sunday?

·
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tony I believe it is Saturday as that is the Magazines editor trophy day.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,603 Posts
Tony , I checked my digital camera and if it was correct , it said Sat. on the photo . Josh had parked next to me that day at Super Chevy . I tried contacting Josh and was wondering how he was . I heard that he got into a small fender bender with a Corvette leaving the show on Sunday . Anyone know ? Hope he is well and his Camino sure looked nice at the show with the newer paint job . Anyone heard from C-nota ? Missed seeing him at the show with his kids that seemed to be having such a fun time was a treat . I also talked to a guy that was very complimentary on NECOA`s good turnout . His name is Jeff Taylor who works for Promedia Events-Publishing . They are the people that do the Nat`l. Muscle Car Assoc. Show with coverage in their magazine " Fastest Street Car " . that we attended the week before Super Chevy .

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just saw this; congrats on the coverage!

Just my opinion (and I've been on both sides of this debate): It's a good deal anytime you get coverage. Think about all the stuff that can be argued deserves coverage from the event. The show still got more coverage versus the racing (when that has more cars usually participating), as mentioned the # of show winners that didn't get a photo, etc.

As also mentioned, thanks should go to Jim Campisano and Patrick Hill for the mention and photos!

Derek

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Correctamundo Derek! The mention and designation of both the NECOA and Region 6 are awesome! They only did pics of class winners and not us lowly "Outstanding", or second placers.

Lenny, Tony, and Jay....Josh was not there Saturday. The pic available online shows his cruck next to the 'Conch Cruiser' that would have to be early Sunday when I moved to the back row to let him in that spot. He moved down next to E-man a short time later and the Carretera Caballero filled that spot... No Tony your 55 is not in the picture......After the non member with the obvious connections and big mention in the article........Uhhhhh...70 SS454 left. Anyway...The pic in the mag sort of looks like last year to me. I'm about to hit a couple more stores to find a copy since I don't have a subscription.

But its all good! :beer:

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I had the wife pick up a copy of Super Chevy while she was out shopping,she brought home the July 2012 issue,no pictures of the Super Chevy West Palm show,but did have picture of NPD show last Oct,Camaro area though.What issue has the famous region 6 Picture ?

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
May be the August issue, that subscribers get sooner. I seem to recall the guy saying something about already working on the July issue at the show in March, and that the show info would not make that one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts