El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I gota 77 elky 7.4 V8 454... just bought and it all of a sudden died. Volts read really low after I gave her a jump so. Thought old batteries aren't holdin a charge.. It's running two synchrnized batteries, I replaced both and that worked for about two days then she died again. If I jump the batteries, boom, she starts right up. And stays running no problems, I checked the alternator just to be sure and I passed with flying colors. All this leads me t believe Im grounding out somewhere and ta draining my batteries dry. I have no idea what where why or how, I'm kinda inexperienced, so don't really know where to start either...

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
I had the same problem with my "74"and I had to replace all of the fuseable links..the location of these links are at the fire wall driver side,by the power brake boster.and there is another one ,down by the starter..there is three{3} of them..

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Hello AGAIN Zack, and welcome to ECC.
I'm glad you found the site OK, and became a member. As I told you when we spoke about it, you'll
find a great bunch of GUYS and GALS here with alot of information, as well as the willingness to
assist you with any of your questions or needs.
NOW, down to things at hand. I feel confident that we have taken care of your Electrical issue,
least wise it appears to be corrected at this point. You will know in a day or two if that loose
wire was indeed your issue. Be sure to keep us posted! And you have my number should you need
to use it.
Glad your enjoying the Old Girl, I know I did. She is truely missed around here, and most likely
will be for some time to come. She may not like the Cold in Wisconsin much, and you may have to get her an Eliectric Blankit, She be came adjusted to the Vegas heat and really enjoyed the climate here.
Anyway, welcome again, and visit often.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Well you may have sold your "Old Girl" but now your working on it long distance? Sometime you just got to let it go Larry. :poke: Yeah, I know you want her comfortable in her new home and hitting on all eight. The buyer is a lucky guy.

Doug

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Well you may have sold your "Old Girl" but now your working on it long distance? Sometime you just got to let it go Larry. :poke: Yeah, I know you want her comfortable in her new home and hitting on all eight. The buyer is a lucky guy.

Doug
You TOO know the feeling Doug, cept you had about a year to say your goodbys to yours, mine was a sudden lose. But just the same, it was good to see her. Maybe
for the last time, as she will be making her jurney to her NEW home the week after Easter. Maybe my mourning period will be a short one! BUT as you know my Brother,
What do I know >>>>>>>:dontknow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts