El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im removing my factory round guages and putting some sunpro one's why? cause my cluster dont work. and i dont wann go thur trouble.. has anyone tired this. and what else do i need besides the custom guages?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Compatible sending units!

You will need matching sending units for fuel, oil, water, possibly some wiring changes, maybe an additional fuse or two.

Hopefully the kit is complete, and includes good directions.

If bought used, good luck!

·
Registered
852 Posts
the hardest part will be running the wires through the dash to power them, or the temp line and oil pressure tube if you go mechanical.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Go electric istead of mechanical.

No oil line running through firewall to rub and spray oil all over your interior.

·
0 Posts
Go electric istead of mechanical.

No oil line running through firewall to rub and spray oil all over your interior.
So true! I had the line come off the back of the gauge last year while I ran it over 4000rpms and next thing I knew was my arm marinating n hot oil! Talk about a rough ride to the house while rigging the line back into the valve cover.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,952 Posts
Yes I did it myself ! PM if you need to know how I did it !!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Oil line

I installed a mechanical one in another one of my vehicles. What I did was use a vacuum line over the whole length of the oil line, use a little oil or something to help slide it in. It adds alot of protection to that thin oil tube that comes with the gauges.

So true! I had the line come off the back of the gauge last year while I ran it over 4000rpms and next thing I knew was my arm marinating n hot oil! Talk about a rough ride to the house while rigging the line back into the valve cover.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm about ready to do that in mine, I'm tired of fighting with the factory gages for sure..........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts