El Camino Central Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Supporting Member
Shouldn't get any liquid gas, and if you did it should just a be a dribble. Make sure the replacement hose is fuel hose. When you attach the new hose to the hard line, try blowing back through the hose to the tank ( remove the tank fuel cap). It should be slightly restrictive, but you should be able to blow through it. This is just to check to make sure it is not clogged.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Shouldn't get any liquid gas, and if you did it should just a be a dribble. Make sure the replacement hose is fuel hose. When you attach the new hose to the hard line, try blowing back through the hose to the tank ( remove the tank fuel cap). It should be slightly restrictive, but you should be able to blow through it. This is just to check to make sure it is not clogged.
Thanks! that was very helpful! (y) Picking up the 5/16" T and the fuel line this morning! :cool: 馃悙

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks! that was very helpful! (y) Picking up the 5/16" T and the fuel line this morning! :cool: 馃悙
Things went well! (y) Fairly straight forward procedure but knowing where to connect made a big difference! ;) I didn't replace the hose going to the gas line yet but that will be next! Zip tied the hose to the AC pipe and put another one around at the one gong to carb for good measure! So far so good! I didn't notice any changes in it running but it did seem to start easier? I'll take it out for a test drive tomorrow! Thanks again to all who contributed and offered their canister! (y)(y):cool:

Attachments

Registered
1987 GMC Caballero, 400 HP 350, Holley Sniper EFI, 200-4R
It's fumes only. I installed a wye to the base of my throttle body and the PVC is a check valve to relieve crank case pressure. A 3/8" vacuum will draw plenty. The wye that I bought on Amazon works well and looks good, in my opinion... 20210620_193912.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It's fumes only. I installed a wye to the base of my throttle body and the PVC is a check valve to relieve crank case pressure. A 3/8" vacuum will draw plenty. The wye that I bought on Amazon works well and looks good, in my opinion... View attachment 138532
It's been working great since I put in the T fitting and seems to be starting better as well now that it's hooked up! (y) :cool:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts