El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 72 has a rectangular, remote control, LH door mirror. I've been looking all over the net for a matching RH door mirror. I've searched for El Camino, Chevelle, and Impala. But I'm not sure exactly what years this mirror was offered.

The only thing I've found is at Year One and they want $139 for it.

Anyone have suggestions of another source?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Having gone through this search myself, i found out through El Camino expert Dan Carr that there never was a factory chrome RH companion to the LH chrome remote mirror. They all came asymmetrical. I'm not sure if 2-dr Chevelles/Monte Carlo had the RH mirror but even if they did, they will not sit correctly on an El Camino. They use the same mirror head but the base/arms are different. I found that one out the hard way. The only mirror that would interchange would be from a 4-dr or Wagon (I suspect because of the wing window).

True Connections had repros in their catalog awhile back but they told me they stopped selling them because they didn't sit correctly. OPGI has one, which i've been tempted to order since they're having a 30% off sale. Even at the discounted price, it's still expensive at $92 .

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
Just got a new Speedway catalogue and noticed the they have elkie frt fenders for 64-72, and elkie rear quarter panels for 68-72. Might be worth knowing to someone.

:poke:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts