El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks here is another question. I just picked up a Strato Bench seat from a 70 Riveria, want to put it into my 72 Elco. I took off the motors and seat tracks from the Strato Bench. I am wondering if all I have to do is take my seat tracks off my stock bench seat and bolt them onto the Strato Bench and bolt the it in. Does any one have any knowledge of the matter?

·
Registered
378 Posts
OK folks here is another question. I just picked up a Strato Bench seat from a 70 Riveria, want to put it into my 72 Elco. I took off the motors and seat tracks from the Strato Bench. I am wondering if all I have to do is take my seat tracks off my stock bench seat and bolt them onto the Strato Bench and bolt the it in. Does any one have any knowledge of the matter?
That is all you will have to do, Just put your old track on the Strato seat and you are good to go, or pick up a 4-way power seat track '66 to '72 A-Body that will fit the Strato seat and your Elcamino also...
The track that comes on the Strato seat will make the seat set way to high...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have done this in a 68 wagon. I'm new to this group and haven't figured our how to post pictures so here is a link to my thread on another group where I did it - http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353156&highlight=. Your bench seat runners may or may not be long enought to bolt to both threaded holes in the strato bench from the Riv; the 68's weren't. I bolted up the front and made tabs out of steel to bolt the rear hole to the threaded hole on the strato. Because of the shortness of the adjusting arm on the bench seat, I also had to notch the plastic side on the strato so that it would work. Possibly using bucket seat runners from a strato bucket may prevent this, but then you would have to fabricate the attachment points for the passenger side adjuster because bucket seats only lock one adjuster. You also have to use the clip off of the old bench seat to run the release cable to the passenger side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts