El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

Registered
Crazy nice color. I love it. Do you have the smugglers box actuator operating on a button in the car or on the alarm remote?

Premium Member
Tony,

I can only mirror the words of those posting before me. You're is a truly beautiful vehicle. I am envious of the workmanship and the color is nothing short of superb.

Doc

Registered
That is a beautiful car and your years of effort and sacrifice shine through! Thanks for sharing the finished product as well as the road to get there! Enjoy!!!

Registered
Do you have a parts list of what you used for the actuator in the smuggler's box?? I would like to do that to my 64.

Registered
Tony! A stunning example! I have been working on my 71 for 2 years and you have given me the inspiration to finish it the right way.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #27
Smuggler box questions, to Sdcerreta & Wihaltom and anyone else interested in back wall and smugglers box, go to INTERIOR RESTORATIONS in forums and then go to page two and thread started by Al Pryor titled - 72 BEHIND THE SEAT - you will get discriptions and details of what I did to back wall and smugglers box. If I missed anything just ask.
Thanks Tony

Premium Member
Excellent work! You certainly checked all the boxes and pegged all the needles! Now just go enjoy it.:)

Premium Member
I am posting again in this thread.
Darn I like the work that you have done and the results you have accomplished.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #33
i am a techno geek! I just sent back my first ever Iphone because of all the BS w/it, I had it 27 days. I am old school or just plain old. so I'll ask What is Virtual Car Show 2020? since there is no cars shows maybe this is better than no car show.
Tony

Premium Member
The gestures on some of the new phones can be difficult and cause problems when our hands suggest we wanted something to happen that we did not want to have happen.
Neuropathy (nerve damage) in the hands can cause the actions of the hands to not always be what the device expects.

The Virtual Car Show is just as you thought.
It is a way for us to work with our cars, clean them up, take them out for images and post them up.
We also have had "Conversations" in the background.

You can see the entries at
You can still enter. You don't have to enter to vote for your favorites.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #39
I want to thank all of you for kind words and continued viewing of my project. I am truly gratefull. I thought I would ad a few more undercarriage pictures for better look at detailing and again if anyone has questions feel free to ask. post about smugglers box and rear wall can be found earlier on in these answers.
Thanks again ,Tony
Oh yeah the picture of rear wheel well was ade to show that I used tar like undercoating like factory did but found company thru paint shop that allowed me to tint the undercoating keeping w/ color match.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts