El Camino Central Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
nice job. Do NOt Ever drive it
You are kidding right? That's like a Master Chef creating a masterpiece of culinary delight, then watching it go cold on the side-board.

Oh no, that thing was built to be driven, to be enjoyed, to take trips to beloved rememverences and tell the sky 'here darlin, remember this spot?'

It'd be a crime to bury it in the garage and only bring it out to be trailered around.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Rick @ NPD did ask me if he could post pictures. I dealt a lot w/ NPD because he is and might be one in a million. Early on in my restoration I would ask questions about differant parts and things and Rick would monitor his web site and questions and get directly involved w/ customers. He did this a lot and I thought if a CEO gets involved like that w/ customers then that was company for me. He even searched for parts for me. Truly a great guy. I do not do Facebook so that is great he posted my pictures.
Let me ask all of you, Does anyone know if El Camino Central is going to have a 2021 Calender. I sure would like to try and enter running.
well you all have a good day and again thanks for great comments.
Tony G

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
BTW Tony WOW!!! Just WOW!! She is a BEAUT! Love the copper paint and all the nice pieces you have on her! OUTSTANDING!!

If you get a cahnce send me the Info on your Smugglers trunk actuator. That is SWEEET! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
67ELK , thanks for your feedback, greatly appreciated. as far as smugglers box, if you go back to page two of this post you'll get directions to Interior post I did some time ago about details of backwall and smugglers box. If after reading you feel I missed something just ask and I'll get you info.
thanks again, Tony

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rick @ NPD did ask me if he could post pictures. I dealt a lot w/ NPD because he is and might be one in a million. Early on in my restoration I would ask questions about differant parts and things and Rick would monitor his web site and questions and get directly involved w/ customers. He did this a lot and I thought if a CEO gets involved like that w/ customers then that was company for me. He even searched for parts for me. Truly a great guy. I do not do Facebook so that is great he posted my pictures.
Let me ask all of you, Does anyone know if El Camino Central is going to have a 2021 Calender. I sure would like to try and enter running.
well you all have a good day and again thanks for great comments.
Tony G
Thanks for those kind words Tony!! I let a few weeks get by me before checking in on this forum, and this was a nice surprise.

If figure there's two ways to run a company...

You can walk around the place all day long, observing, checking, micro-managing, meeting with various departments to see what they're doing and when it will be done..

Or you can focus on customers.. Emails coming over the website, forums, social media, etc... Anything/everything you want to know about a company, you'll discover in these areas. From customer service, to shipping speed, to backorders, to quality/fit, to everything in-between. Got a sales person treating customers rudely? It'll come through in an email. Got a researcher doing sloppy work? Issues will come through in an email. Got customers complaining as a group about problems of various natures? Those types of threads show up on enthusiast forums and enthusiast social media pages.. And often times it's a competitor getting roasted (which is both satisfying and informative LOL, but it shows me how NOT to operate).

When the internet first became a "thing", and we first started selling online, emails were few and far between. So I had the IT guy aim them directly to me and him, because we figured that we needed to be the first to know if there were issues/requests/complaints about the site. It was a tiny part of my day. Today?? Good Lord, we're booking 35% of our sales online, and the flow of information is staggering. But I'm still hanging in there stubbornly, because I get to see EVERYTHING that's going on at all four NPD locations before anyone in management or sales or shipping or receiving can cover it up and cover their asses. And of course, I also get to see the positive, which is thankfully the majority of the flow.

It's become my new way of running things. Watching it from the customer's perspective instead of stalking all my managers and trying to micro-manage them over their shoulders. I also learn plenty about the product, and that helps us refine and improve sourcing continually.

Sorry, wasn't trying to make this an infomercial about NPD. Was just touched by your comments Tony, and thought I'd explain why I'm out on the front lines so much. I think owners/CEO's tend to hide from customers, because they're afraid of the potential pile-on. But if your business is running the way it should, and treating customers well, pile-ons are a rarity. And actually an opportunity... Another opportunity to fix something broken and take care of customers.

That burnt-orange Elky is absolutely stunning!!!! We're proud to have been a contributor to it! Thanks for all your business Tony, it's been a pleasure dealing with you.

Rick
NPD

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hi Rick, Just telling the way it is, I found out a lot during my restoration of 15 years. One thing gets in the way for some of us, in my case it was LIFE! 6 mos into restoration I lost my daughter to a drunk Chicago cop, that ate up almost five years trying to get my head right and put the bottle down, 2nd, 10 surgeries over 15 yrs sure puts a lot of down time in any built. then there is the bad vendors and bad parts, new parts not fitting or going bad.
Gonna be calling NPD because something is wrong w/ my cowl induction flapper. goes down at start up but does not open when throttle is hit. gonna check on it today.
Went to my First Car Show Saturday in Cabool, Mo (great people) people could not believe I drove my Elky the 90 miles to show (9 mpg) Oh yeah Took 1st place in Truck Class and won one of two specialty Trophys. It still seems the age old problem of "Is It a Truck/Car?" is still alive. I put Chevy Dealer brochure in my window showing that in 1971 Chevrolet called it a pickup. that position cost me Best in Show -Truck 79 and down. We all know what we have and I was just glad to get out and enjoy my truck.
Take care everyone
Tony

41 - 49 of 49 Posts