El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver's side seat belt no longer retracts, hangs on the floor. Looking for a replacement OR suggestions for places to purchase a replacement OR input re: what other G-body cars would have a similar unit I could use. Thx!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Try www.opgi.com or one of the other restoration part supply just be sure to ask if they have them in stock before ordering if not how long before delivery.
OPG says they have direct fit bolt-in seat belts L240540 for bench $261.99 and L240541 for buckets $209.99 plus anyother charges, www.elcaminostore.com shows they also have belt available I didn't check if www.dixiemontecarlo.com has them but I imagine they do so it comes to price and availability.Good luck.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I'm wondering if perhaps your comfort lock mech is broken...it's the black lever that's at the back door jamb. when the door is closed you would be able to pull out the seat belt and have it "lock" so it doesn't rub your neck. When you open the door it trips the retract mech in the seat belt to retract the belt. Here's a pic....I've seen either the lever break or just inside the body as well...here's a pic of the comfort lock..

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
on my pass side, it wouldn't retract either. Got to looking, and the rod for that lever, where it attaches to the seat belt mechanism, had come out of the guides somehow. Put it back together to match the drivers side, and it works fine now. Be sure and check yours out.

:poke:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have several comfort releases also a box full of seat belts, havent went thru them so don't know what all is in the box. let me know if you still need the retractor or C release
I am new at this, if someone answers my reply, does it automatically send one io my regular email that I have a PM to answer. I don't even know what a PM stands for , I guess someone will let me know
.Don Black

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Don, PM stands for private message. If you click on the name at the top of a post one of the options is to send a PM. Just down from the top left of the home page there is a small icon to take you to your private messages to read, delete or in general manage them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.