El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too long ago I recommended The Houston HID Factory as a place to buy All things HID. I am having a little trouble with my 6k lights being yellow. 6k is supposed to be brite white. So I go in and ask the fellow a couple of questions and he gives me one word answers basically. Then he asks if they installed the system. I said no. He then tells me that since they did not install them, then he couldn't help.and with that he looked to the next customer.the next customer heard what happened and said " so if I buy and install these lights, I get no help from you if I have a question?" Yep, was the answer. With that 43 customers walked out the door. I have spent 4500 in the last 6 months in that place, but not another penny is going to be spent there. Just letting you know.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Was the owner present? That is really some lousy treatment, especially to a good customer. I don't blame you for being steamed. Any store owner with a brain would never.let that happen.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Yup, I agree with LOCKJAW!

Doug

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Mike, do you have an email address for this vendor? Post it. Perhaps some accomdation will be offered after the people have spoken. Nom sain?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Jarhead, Thanks for the headsup. I'll definetly keep this in mind as I progress on my "baby" :texas:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunatly, that was the owner. No worries tho, I can always find other light sources. I just needed to vent. Either that or go postal! Thanks for letting my cry on your shoulder.

·
Registered
271 Posts
yea we all are a community, and we stand behind each member. give the email and contact info. Bet you will get results if we respond as he deserves...

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
How and what is the difference in who does the installation have to do with the lights being yellow? If you followed their installation instructions then you installed them the same as they.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Another business owner who is his OWN worst enemy!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Good service during the sale gets you to buy parts.

Good service AFTER the sale gets you to buy more parts.

Not sure if this is exactly true but an old saying says that if you do someone good, they will tell 3 people.

If you do someone wrong they will tell 10 people.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, i'm going back to the shop today to talk to the owner again. Yesterday, the guy in line in front of me was not able to get any of his credit/debit cards to work. They had just installed headlights and complete fog lights on his car and now they were going to have to remove them. So needless to say, they were not in the best mood. Hopefully I will get a different result and at least be led in the right direction to solve my problem. I'm not the kind that wants charity, just a little courtesey and a reason to come spend more money. I'll keep you informed. And yes, I've already checked all the grounds thinking that may be the reason for the yellow lights.

·
Premium Member
12,122 Posts
Jarhead, you might try measuring the voltage at the lights, and comparing it to battery voltage. A digital meter works best for this, but even an analog meter will show a voltage drop if there is one. I know nothing about those types of lights. Do they draw more current than OEM lights ? Wire gauge might be a problem (?)
just some thoughts......

Bill

·
Senior Member, NECOA Contributor
923 Posts
Wow, bad mood or not. That's not the way to treat a customer. And that was the owner? Do keep us updated. You're being more than reasonable giving them a second chance and hoping to catch them in a better mood. I bet they ask for payment up front now before doing any work on future cars. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Jarhead, you might try measuring the voltage at the lights, and comparing it to battery voltage. A digital meter works best for this, but even an analog meter will show a voltage drop if there is one. I know nothing about those types of lights. Do they draw more current than OEM lights ? Wire gauge might be a problem (?)
just some thoughts......

Bill
I thought the HID lights were supposed to draw less current...
But still if you check voltage at the lights, you'll have something to explain your case to the shop. Check both the positive and ground wires by probing the back of the connector with the lights on. Bad ground will kill your lights just like low input voltage.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Uhhh how do you spend $4500 on HIDS?
Hah! Nice catch. It was spost to say $500.00 and 3 customers. I went back today and they were great. They checked the bi-xenon bulbs and found that they were not accepting the proper voltage or something like that. They then checked the output at the sockets and they were all four @ 12.1, I think. Since I had the reciept, they exchanged them and now its fine. The owned was kinda embarassed and apologized. So, we have kissed and made up, sorta. Its really hard to forget that kinda service. I will prolly find a new source any way. Oh yeah, for those that don't know. A bi-xenon bulb is a low beam, 2 filament bulb and both filament's are HID type. A typical two element HiD bulb has one HID filament and one halogen filament which is used for the hi beam side. All of these lights draw power directly from the battery. That's why I've spent more money than I should have. But MAN, its nice on the back roads shining for deer! WooHoo..

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Hah! Nice catch. It was spost to say $500.00 and 3 customers. I went back today and they were great. They checked the bi-xenon bulbs and found that they were not accepting the proper voltage or something like that. They then checked the output at the sockets and they were all four @ 12.1, I think. Since I had the reciept, they exchanged them and now its fine. The owned was kinda embarassed and apologized. So, we have kissed and made up, sorta. Its really hard to forget that kinda service. I will prolly find a new source any way. Oh yeah, for those that don't know. A bi-xenon bulb is a low beam, 2 filament bulb and both filament's are HID type. A typical two element HiD bulb has one HID filament and one halogen filament which is used for the hi beam side. All of these lights draw power directly from the battery. That's why I've spent more money than I should have. But MAN, its nice on the back roads shining for deer! WooHoo..

I'm glad you explained that, I was thinking the warrior princess was a switch hitter.:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm glad you explained that, I was thinking the warrior princess was a switch hitter.:dontknow:
Funny, but she really is. What a shame. Google Zena and check it out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts