El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine told me that Rhino linings lower the value (which is kind of moot because I am NEVER selling my El Camino!) and that painting the bed is better. I have a guy who will coat the bed with Rhino Diamond (a sparkly, pretty black lining) for $400.

A) Should I or shouldn't I do the Rhino lining? I don't use the bed very much, but I use it often enough that I'd like some protection there.
B) Is $400 a good price for a Rhino Diamond coating?

I'd also like to say that I'm new here, and have been reading through past threads for a day or two, and I really love this forum! You all seem so nice and fun, and I'm really glad I found you! :)

Bree
Austin, TX

G

·
Personally,I'd go with the rhino lining because it wouldnt make any sense to paint something that would get messed up over time unless u plan on painting the bed every few years to cover up blemishes. Rhino linings dont take the value away because its a protectant. It actually would make the value increase by a few hundred bucks! Juss sayin':texas:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just sprayed in my bedliner yesterday. I used U-POL Raptor spray in bedliner. It was $100 for the kit with a gun. Once you spray bedliner in there's no going back. If you have any doubts at all then paint it, because you can always spray bedliner in later. If you're trying to make your car look original then I'd definitely paint it instead of bedliner. You can also get a rubber mat for the bed that will protect the paint.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I thought! (about it adding value)
As far as not being able to go back to paint: is that a "forever" thing, or is it just very difficult and expensive? It kind of scares me to do ANYTHING that can't be undone. :/
Also, I'm a girl, and I don't plan on reproducing any time soon, but if I do decide I want to, you guys will be the first to know. I'll post an application for volunteers in its own thread. :)

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I'd also like to say that I'm new here, and have been reading through past threads for a day or two, and I really love this forum! You all seem so nice and fun, and I'm really glad I found you! :)

Bree
Austin, TX
By the way, welcome to ECC. And yes there are a lot of nice and fun members here that will be more than glad to help you out or relate info...especially fellow Texans down your way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am going to go with the bed liner option personally! If you want it to look cleaner talk to your guy about tinting the bed liner with the paint you sprayed. It may cost you an extra $100 or so but it looks so much cleaner just google "color matched bed liner" and hit the image button you will see what I mean!

Welcome to the club!

As for the Texan comment, I went through WV once your ain't all ya'll family out there? I'm pretty sure every mail box had the same name!:texas:

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
That's what I thought! (about it adding value)
As far as not being able to go back to paint: is that a "forever" thing, or is it just very difficult and expensive? It kind of scares me to do ANYTHING that can't be undone. :/
Also, I'm a girl, and I don't plan on reproducing any time soon, but if I do decide I want to, you guys will be the first to know. I'll post an application for volunteers in its own thread. :)

I love saucy southern women:inlove:. Welcome to the site. I would go with the spray in bedliner. I love how mine turned out.
Have a very merry Christmas.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, paint it and use a mat. i have one also and it's great:texas:

Great to see another Austinite! Maby we can get a Central TX run set up soon!

I think that's the best idea so far. Thank you all for the advice and links! I really love how the Rhino Diamond looks, but for now I think I'll go with the less permanent solution.

A Central TX run would be awesome! I work at a bar on Congress Ave called Ego's; if you're ever in the neighborhood, come on in and I'll buy you a drink. :)

Bree

·
Registered
591 Posts
welcome to the site Philcamino i have a rubber type mat in mine i also use mine to haul motorcycles the mat is thick enough to protect the bed and is non permanent good luck with your choice:smileyb:

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
I am strongly opposed to spray in liners in anything other than work trucks. Sure, he liner covers everything, but even though it looks nice when it is fresh, the black turns charcoal and dirt gets into the grain and you cannot get them to look clean. I have 3/4 ton red truck which I paid the extra cost to get a red sprayed liner. After a couple years, it is still red in the corners where the sun does not hit it, but the rest is various shades of orange. It also looks permanently dirty.

The lining works because it is touch and it sticks very well. It is also a real bear to get off, so it is pretty much a permanent thing. If the truck has nice paint, the bed should match it and a bed mat will really help. If it is a beater, spray in the liner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.