1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
881 Posts
The previews look pretty good but after looking at the TLC website I'm not too thrilled by the subjects for the first episodes. The first two episodes feature Fords and the third is a Hummer. :p

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
One of these days someone is going to come up with a decent automotive series....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discovery channel tried to make a series called American Hot Rod like the chopper show. They went to Boyd Coddington's shop but he was such a jerk I don't think it got off the ground.

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
That's odd... it seems the bigger the jerk, the more popular the show, ie., American Chopper, Monster Garage.

·
Banned
881 Posts
427chev67 said:
They went to Boyd Coddington's shop but he was such a jerk I don't think it got off the ground.
I watched that once. He came off as a pompous ass in an ugly Hawaiian Shirt who belittled his employees.

·
Registered
492 Posts
87ElCamino said:
He came off as a pompous ass in an ugly Hawaiian Shirt who belittled his employees.
8O My boss changed his name to Boyd???? :sly:

·
Registered
37 Posts
just got down whatchin it, i think the new cobra looks like a chopped up new t-bird with a v-10

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Interesting to say the least, but I think they are going to lose their intended audience before the first three episodes. They came in like gangbusters with the commercials and cool rods, and then had "Daisy" as a first show....

·
Banned
881 Posts
It was funny to see an 81 year old Carroll Shelby doing donuts in Daisy. He autographed the car like he was endorsing it. Maybe Ford feels they can sell it for an extra $10K if it has a Shelby name on it.

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
[flamesuit on] I for one enjoyed it. No matter the nameplate, the engineering was fascinating, although I did find that one design engineer a bit pompous. The mix of old school and new was cool. The mystique of the original Cobra could never be duplicated, but they gave it one heck of a try. [flamesuit still on]

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
~~> 87SS

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think they tried to copy American Chopper since it is basically the same thing.... the owner yelling at his employees. Good idea, bad actors! ! ! :sigh: :dontgetit:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've seen ads for American Hotrod. I think Discovery channel is going to run with it. I thought the new Cobra was pretty sweet but the old Cobra is one on a short list of Fords I would own.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts