El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
For $75K - I'll import a Holden SSV from Australia; send it to the folks in Colorado and have it converted to left hand drive; and still have change!
Holden SSV from Australia ; send it to the folks in Denver for conversion to left hand drive and still have enough

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
For $75K - I'll import a Holden SSV from Australia; send it to the folks in Colorado and have it converted to left hand drive; and still have change! View attachment 133606 Holden SSV from Australia ; send it to the folks in Denver for conversion to left hand drive and still have enough
Heck, is it illegal to have RHD in the states? I'd leave it, those are SHARP looking.

Reactions: 5spdCab

·
Registered
596 Posts
Heck, is it illegal to have RHD in the states? I'd leave it, those are SHARP looking.
Don't think that RHD is illegal, but the vehicle would have to be fully compliant with U.S. Federal safety crash regulations, and air pollution regulations. I've read articles about the confiscation and seizure of imported vehicles not meeting U.S. standards. Whether those articles were true and fact based, or just scare tactics, I can't say.
That is a good looking truck though, and like you, I would like to have one of those.

·
Senior Member Participating Member
928 Posts
Our vehicles would be perfect for Electrification 😮 !

·
928 Posts
Who will be the first? 😮

·
Registered
596 Posts
Our vehicles would be perfect for Electrification 😮 !
Somebody posted a link to an electric motor/trans setup to mount directly into classic GM vehicles, but not sure if I saw it somewhere here on ECC, or on another forum. The manufacturer wants something like 35,000 for them it seemed to me IIRC.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

How to import Holden Ute.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
I seen a video some place with a 5th generation El Camino with an electric motor and batteries. I wasn't able to load it.

·
928 Posts
If the battery pack's dimensions were the foot print of the bed and 4" thick and made 250 to 300 miles range that would work for me. 😮

·
Registered
782 Posts
Chevrolet Performance has been working on their eCrate motor series for a while now. Likely to come out within the next year or two. The one in this article I guess would be seen as more of a 350 alternative but I know they have others like the one in the electric COPO Camaro they did a year or two ago that was closer to 700hp.

·
928 Posts
Thanks for the tip squag 27. I have a Zero SR motorcycle that i like a lot. 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds. Very fun. Might start looking for a home for the supercharged LS-1! 😮

·
928 Posts
Not quite plug and play quite yet. 😮

Reactions: 5spdCab
1 - 20 of 27 Posts