El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hit the front end with the pressure washer. Turns out there were a few bolts under that grease.

I also made some more progress on stripping the frame. Fuel and brake lines are off and the rear end is out.

This is the left rear body mount- pretty happy that this is by far the worst one.

I'm currently shopping around to have the frame sandblasted. I was originally planning to do clean it by hand with an angle grinder, but I think the time and mess I'll save getting it blasted will be worth the cost. Local company was guessing $175 to have it done. I'm planning to do a lot of work before it gets a final finish- boxing in the rails, adding some supports, and eliminating a lot of the holes; thinking I'm just going to rattle can everything when I get it back since I'll be grinding most of it off to weld anyways. I came across this build on gbodyfourm when looking at ideas for frame modifications. I like a lot of what he's done, and plan on using some of his build as inspiration.

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It's slow progress, but at least things are happening. Coil springs came out today- still have all of my limbs. Need to return the spring compressor tomorrow and remove the control arms. Only a few bolts left and the frame will be completely stripped. I'm going to pressure wash the rest of the grease off, and get it out to the sandblaster. Then I can start making improvements!

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,599 Posts
RK , Good to see you are progressing with your build and we look forward to seeing your progress . We miss that you are no longer in Florida as we enjoyed your company and the zoo stories you told us at Steve Sander`s Gainesville Get Together and 1/4 Mile Run . Keep us in the loop ;)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts