El Camino Central Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,284 Posts
car museum would be nice but I suspect the wife and kid have a limit of 1 on the whole trip :cry: and may have to save it for Blackhawk. however, nothing was said about not meeting a few of my ECC buddies ..... :nanawrench:
Hey lets do this I'll stay with my sis that lives in San Ramon,who's else wants to meet up at the Blackhawk Car museum.??..:nanawrench::bigups:

·
Registered
910 Posts
California has been hit with a lot of rain lately with more predicted next week. Be sure to check road openings before heading south from SF. Hiway 1 is usually the first casualty, sliding into the Pacific after periods of heavy rain. Since the road is so isolated detours often involve turning around and going back to Monterey.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
California has been hit with a lot of rain lately with more predicted next week. Be sure to check road openings before heading south from SF. Hiway 1 is usually the first casualty, sliding into the Pacific after periods of heavy rain. Since the road is so isolated detours often involve turning around and going back to Monterey.

yeah, I've heard of that. hope for the best, expect the worst. if it happens, it happens. otherwise, go with the flow, we'll be keeping an eye out for the conditions.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
proposed itinerary with dates:

Dec 18 - Austin to Phoenix (via I-10)
Dec 20 - Phoenix to Las Vegas (via Flagstaff to Grand Canyon and then west)
Dec 21 - LV to Bay Area (probably via Reno, depending on weather)
Dec 26 - Bay Area to LA (via PCH, depending on weather)
Dec 31 - LA to Flagstaff (probably I-10 then Prescott)
Jan 1 - Flagstaff to Albuquerque/Santa Fe (via I-40)
Jan 3 - Albuquerque to Carlsbad Caverns
Jan 4 - Carlsbad Caverns to Austin (either Ih-10 or US-87)

I know we got Elkie members in Phoenix, Vegas, Bay Area, LA, and Albuquerque. (plus parts in-between)
anyone want to get together for lunch? I think the wife might start to suspect something after awhile though with "just happened to meet..." :biggrin2:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
7 hours to Mission Impossible!

Itinerary is locked and loaded (see below), heading out at 3am, arrive in Phoenix ~7pm local time. I've sent PM's to those like Gilby/Darby/etc with my cell # in case of emergency.

Think I'll start a new thread with the sights we'll see. naturally there will be an El Camino in each picture :secret:

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Tom
Are there any other interests of Wife and Daughter we might be able to help with?
Just for an Example:
On SF Bay to LA, you might be able to include a lunch stop in Santa Barbara plus a museum:
Susan Quinlan Doll and Teddy Bear Museum
http://www.quinlanmuseum.com/

Possibly someone on the Central Coast will know where the best place to view sea mammals is this time of year.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,284 Posts
Itinerary is locked and loaded (see below), heading out at 3am, arrive in Phoenix ~7pm local time. I've sent PM's to those like Gilby/Darby/etc with my cell # in case of emergency.

Think I'll start a new thread with the sights we'll see. naturally there will be an El Camino in each picture :secret:
..I didn't get that P.M. yet..!..:dontknow:

41 - 50 of 50 Posts