El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I tried this once and received no response. I live north Tennessee and may attend the celebration in Arlington in October. I would like to drive my '66 Elky but not alone. Anyone passing through Memphis Tennessee going to this that would like to make a caravan of El Caminos to Texas? Supposedly there are notices being posted somewhere on this website but I can not find them.
username: sandy
Message me on this website or [email protected]

·
Past Director Region 13, Senior Member
2,719 Posts
Mark,

The pre-registration list show 4 coming from Florida and 4 coming from Georgia. I'm sure some of them are going to caravan and you should be able to hook up with them. Check the Region 6 forum for some of the discussions.

Lookin forward to seeing you in Arlington.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I tried this once and received no response. I live north Tennessee and may attend the celebration in Arlington in October. I would like to drive my '66 Elky but not alone. Anyone passing through Memphis Tennessee going to this that would like to make a caravan of El Caminos to Texas? Supposedly there are notices being posted somewhere on this website but I can not find them.
username: sandy
Message me on this website or [email protected]
Mark. I'm heading out of Cleveland on the 8th morning. First night in Bowling Green KY. (Corvette museum) kinda close to Memphis.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I am heading out wednesday morn , was gonna stop at Marion Arkansas , coming from south of Chicago, unless someone feels downtown Memphis is better.?? <$$

·
Dep. Director, Region 9
49 Posts
Going through Memphis

I am trying to help organize convoy to Texas from Region 9area (leaving Indianapolis), everyone is free to join.
The preliminary plan is to leave the first meet up point inIndianapolis Indiana around 8 am on Wednesday morning (Speedway gas station3758 W Morris St, Indianapolis Holt Road exit). Head West on I70 until I57 inEffingham Illinois. There is a Petro stopping center there (1805 W Fayette Ave,Effingham, Il) we plan on being there at 11 am and will use this as the secondmeet up point. We will continue south on 57/55 and stop for the night in Marion Arkansas (Memphis area wide range of hotels) this would be the third meet uppoint for Wednesday night/ Thursday morning. Back on the road early Thursday andon to Arlington I40 to I30 (7 ½ hours)
Open for any suggestions or changes. Please send your emailto me so I can add you to the email chain where we will exchange information.Thank You
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am just curious how your caravan went? Have you managed to meet all together? Do you have any recommendations for a person who first time participates in an activity like this one? I and some of my friends are planning to make a caravan in July. They you will come from Saint Louis and I from Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa (check the official webiste westgateresorts.com) in Gatlinburg. We are all newbies and try to find out as much information as possible no to screw up everything. One more thing that really concern us is the COVID-19 which is spread all over and makes a lot of fuss. I believe they are going to close the roads soon between cities in order to stop spreading the epidemic. Guys, I rely on your experience and tips. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts