62M = Mid body color Lt. Saddle
629 = 62 is Lt. Saddle, 9 = ?
8PZ = LH rear spring specification
9PZ = RH rear spring specification

:mrgreen:

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Here are some I found on an 86 SS invoice. The description is the "short desc" from the invoice sheet.

E5Z - Less Adapt
E7Z- Less Sleeve
E9Z- Less Speed Ky
JM5- Brake Booster
SAL- GM Mex Salti. ??
V73- U.S. Certification
YT9- Fisher Option
6YY- Spring Frt LH
7YY- Spring Frt RH

·
Registered
84 Posts
My 85 conquista has some of the same codes and yes
SAL is one of them I could not find either as well as
1AZ 58M 6XX 62U 629 7XX 87PZ 9PZ E9Z
That is just some of the ones that I could not find either.

·
Registered
266 Posts
SAL is the GM Mexico vehicle plant code. All assembly plants have a plant code on the SPID. Kansascamino,where are you getting some of those codes? Off the SPID or the build sheet. 6XX & 7XX are your left and right "computer selected suspension" codes. 62U & 629 is your paint code.
The others are broadcast sheet build codes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
on 1985 and later units these codes are all on a sheet glued to the inside of the glove box door. That was not all of the ones that I could not find, the list is quite long and I found over half of them.

·
Registered
266 Posts
on 1985 and later units these codes are all on a sheet glued to the inside of the glove box door. That was not all of the ones that I could not find, the list is quite long and I found over half of them.
What I'm trying to tell you is that those codes you can't find or figure out are BUILD codes not option codes. Your not able to decipher from option books because they are of a differant set of codes. The build codes are for stuff like "computer selected suspention" and "speedometer key delete","Less Sleeve",ect. They aren't really Regular Production Options. GM never published those codes cause they not nessisary in determining options because those codes aren't for optional equipment. They're used by the plant on how the core of the car is assembled. Get it?

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, Cold. Got it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts