El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, All...

Recently I installed new cargo springs and shocks in my '82. I'm putting on a rear sway bar and airbags, and while I'm at it, I though I might tackle the rear control arm bushings.... the arse end is looser than my sister. :) . I think I read somewhere ( here?) that i shouldn't use polyurathane bushing in the back, cause they bind. OK,then, I've looked around, and can't find rubber replacement bushing anywhere.... Any idea's? Comments?

thanks,
jeff
Orlando

·
Banned
881 Posts
Have you checked with your local GM dealer yet? I'm pretty sure they are still available. I just bought new uppers arms from GM ($16/ea) and they came with the bushing in them.

For the lowers call SLP Performance. They used to sell brand new F-body take-offs (which are the same as G-body) for $10/ea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, guys.... thanks for the data... I called the local GM parts guy and they listed 3 different upper controls arms ; a XY or XZ code ( both discontinued) - these have either a +/- 1.5 Deg Pinion Nose Angle . Or they have a XR,XW,XPo XX code (available - p/n 10000076) w/a 0 Deg Pinion Nose Angle . what IS a Pinion Nose Angle ? and do y'all think it matters? I'll try to look at mine this PM ( it's it's not too much pain), and see what I got. BTW, the local dealerhsip wanted ~$40+ each for the upper bars, but www.gmpartsdirect.com only wanted ~20+ .

As far a uppers go, gmpartsdirect wants ~50+ for new upper arms and ~$10 each for just the bushings (x4) .
I surfed SLP Performance's web site, but couldn't find anything below $80 pair.
http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?PARTNUMBER=70400

will these work on my '82? Also, anybody know what Durometer Bushings are ( rubber or urathane) ? If they're rubber ( and fit), I'll probabally go for w/these for $80/pr.

Or does anybody have any more advise/comments ?

again, Thanks for All the Help,
jeff
Orlando

·
Banned
881 Posts
Use the GM part #10000076 "0" degrees. Most cars had 0 degrees. The + and - were to correct driveshaft angles. You're still going to need two new bushings for the differential housing.

Use the SLP part #70400. They are F-body arms but will work just fine on a G-body. They also have the holes for the rear sway bar. I guess they sold out of the $10 take-offs.

:mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts