El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I decided to try and see if I can adjust my TV cable again and I THINK I got it. I pushed the cable back, then hit WOT and it seemed to adjust. So I tried to fire up the El Camino, which took a minute since it was flooded but it finally fired up. No biggie. Looked under the hood to make sure it wasnt doin anything funky and... it was. My carb was puking gas out of ever yavailable hole it could!!! :let_it_all_out: Even after I turned off the key, it was still pouring gas down the "barrels". I got a little heated, slammed the hood and figured you guys might know what in the worlds goin on. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
you must be running a Edelb______K :dontknow: could be stuck float, you running mechanical pump or Electric ? did it back fire ?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a factory q-jet. Didnt backfire... good thing or else it prolly woulda burnt the car to the ground... along with the rest of the garage lol. And the whole cars factory. Mechanical fuel pump, stock lines, stock tank, etc etc

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
maybe something got stuck under the needle, or the float, some small piece of crap.....did you try to run it again?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. It seemed to do a little better but was still spewing gas out everywhere. I was a little concerned about backfiring as it was running way rich and wanted to die

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
did you lightly tap on the air horn/bowl to see if anything changed?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Naw I just opened the flaps on the secondaries to see if it was pouring fuel in all 4 barrels. It wouldnt met me open it lol. Ill try again today and spray some carb cleaner down it and see if it helps...

·
Supporting Member
4,470 Posts
Likely either a bad float, or something stuck in the needle seat of the float. The bowl is overfilling and allowing the excess gas to escape. This all assumes the stock fuel pump is in use. If you have an aftermarket pump, it might be putting too much fuel pressure into the carb.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everythings stock and its kinda odd cuz it ran fine before. Now its getting upset lol

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welp went out in the garage today to see whats up with this gargling issue. Fired it up, AND... it ran fine. Didnt spit, sputter, leak gas, nothin! I was amazed. I went ahead and shot some carb cleaner down it for good measure but everythngs fine and dandy lol. BTW, I found seven 4 leaf clovers today :nana2:

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Welp went out in the garage today to see whats up with this gargling issue. Fired it up, AND... it ran fine. Didnt spit, sputter, leak gas, nothin! I was amazed. I went ahead and shot some carb cleaner down it for good measure but everythngs fine and dandy lol. BTW, I found seven 4 leaf clovers today :nana2:
Sounds like a good day to buy a lottery ticket.....:dontknow:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya aint kiddin lol. It was a pretty good day :beer:

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Grimlins, they'll getcha every time!!!!:nanawrench:

·
Registered