El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody I'm new to this site even tho I have used it a lot 2 do research on how to repair things on my car, I used the search function but I couldn't really find what I was looking for, I have rust holes in the inside bottom of the cowl area where the water leaks down and out and its causing major little streams of water falling by my dimmer switch and the pedals and all, the people who had the car before me used silicone on top of duct tape to cover it and it must of been a really bad idea cuz now that I removed the falling off tape there is a lot of little rust holes in there and I was wondering what I culd do to fix this problem like its kinda hard to get into here, by the way I have a 77 el camino

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
George,Welcome :texas: cant give you a lot of info on a 4th gen,sure a member here will have a working knowledge of leaks in that area .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks fixitman, I also thought about putting some jb weld after taking as much rust as I can off then painting it all in there, any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
sandblast it and fiberglas it then undercoat it. i have one of those hand held sandblasters that i put a hose on and get down in those tight areas.it is real hard to repair those areas

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
20$ at harbor freight, small and compact.i stick a 3/4 in heater hose on the end to get into the area i need to

1 - 6 of 6 Posts