El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rusty drive-shaft i sanded it now i need somthing to prevent rust and stops rust before paint...

What Products to use on Rusty parts ???

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
Ospho Should be able to get it at the parts store or any body shop supply. I think Home Depot even has it in the paint section. Follow the directions!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Rust

If you want the best use POR-15, go to their website. They make a small starter kit, that would be just right for the drive shaft and a little left over for some other parts. If you want to just paint, get a product called Rust Tough in spray can. I use POR-15, semi-gloss black for underneath.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You can get POR-15 at most paint shops, such as England Color. Not cheap, $50 for a quart, but it goes a long ways and will last a long time if you seal the can as instructed.

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want the best use POR-15, go to their website. They make a small starter kit, that would be just right for the drive shaft and a little left over for some other parts. If you want to just paint, get a product called Rust Tough in spray can. I use POR-15, semi-gloss black for underneath.

How does the product rust stuff work ???

·
Registered
135 Posts
Rust Tough

Rust Tough is a spray paint, like Rustoleum, but without the fish oils. It is made by Kyron, I called their tech dept many years ago and they recommended it because it was gas resistant. I have been using it on my motorcycle restorations for many years, with great results. I have no idea how it works.

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rust Tough is a spray paint, like Rustoleum, but without the fish oils. It is made by Kyron, I called their tech dept many years ago and they recommended it because it was gas resistant. I have been using it on my motorcycle restorations for many years, with great results. I have no idea how it works.
Did you paint over "rust tough'' with primer and spray paint if so has any of the areas rusted ???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts