El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Th-350 Driveshaft Yoke that has rust on the inside of the yoke what to do clean and Use or Replace ?????

Does rust inside Yoke effect the yoke or does the slot inside yoke are very important if rusted????????

·
Senior Member, NECOA Contributor
923 Posts
I don't know that I'd worry to much about it. If you want, use a small brush like a tooth brush or small wire brush to clean it away and blow it out with an air compressor. Its likely due to condensation and it doesn't move up the output shaft all the way anyway, so part of it doesn't get lubed. I'd just blow it out to get any loose debris out of it, and then put a few finger dabs of white lithium grease in the splines. Any excess will be pushed deeper into the yoke. :dontknow:

·
Registered
555 Posts
I don't know that I'd worry to much about it. If you want, use a small brush like a tooth brush or small wire brush to clean it away and blow it out with an air compressor. Its likely due to condensation and it doesn't move up the output shaft all the way anyway, so part of it doesn't get lubed. I'd just blow it out to get any loose debris out of it, and then put a few finger dabs of white lithium grease in the splines. Any excess will be pushed deeper into the yoke. :dontknow:
X2

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
it really depends on how bad the rust is. if it is just serface rust that cleans up its ok to clean it, if its heavy rust that pitted the splines then replace it.the damage it will do to your trans is way more than the cost of the yoke.the yoke has to move smoothly under load and anything that will not it do so will be tugging on the internals of your trans and tearing up you output shaft. if in doubt replace it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts