1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No More Winghouse Girls :mad:
Today they Closed the doors for good !
Not sure why, Guess the Covid did ?
Going to be hard to find a replacement restaurant for friday night cruise in Dinner the night before the Gainesville Get-Together !
They took care of us for 6 years (I think)
Guess I'm going to have to drive around to the restaurants looking for a place for us !

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
We definitely had some good get togethers there. At about year 6 I finally remembered where it was. Now have to start over. SUCKS

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,651 Posts
Oh no , say it ain`t so :oops: What a good place Kerr`s Winghouse has been for us . Steve , each year , would arrange reserved parking , seating and the food was very good . The beautiful ladies always made me smile as I tried to not stare . It was a short ride from the Baymont Inn Gainesville that is convenient to get to the track and Chuck`s back road tour . Hope you can find a replacement and we appreciate your time and efforts for us Steve .

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Gonna miss it for sure. It was the perfect way to get the group together and show off the El Caminos off to Gainesville. They even put a welcome on their sign for us! The food was good and staff treated us well too. :cry:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Yes , it's sad , but the first year we were in G-ville we went to a different restaurant that was East of Kerr's on the North side of Archer & had a large area for EC parking , is it still open ? I don't remember the name .

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes , it's sad , but the first year we were in G-ville we went to a different restaurant that was East of Kerr's on the North side of Archer & had a large area for EC parking , is it still open ? I don't remember the name .
Nope that was Cody's Steakhouse & it closed right after the show (I think we had 2 shows there ?)
Building has been torn down & know it's Bojangles
The other place was the Ale House & it's been torn down too

·
Registered
348 Posts
The Ale House is rebuilt over by Bass pro. I can't think of the new name they gave that area.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Ale House is rebuilt over by Bass pro. I can't think of the new name they gave that area.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
going to check that one out, not sure if they have the outside eating area ?

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,651 Posts
Steve , I think you are correct and the first two shows you arranged for us in Gainesville was at Cody`s . I saw a clip on You Tube yesterday that said ( if correct ) , that similar places like Hooters were either closing up or have closed a number of their businesses due to changing public perception and a drop in business . Kerr`s Winghouse always seemed to have a bunch of customers and the food was good . We appreciate your efforts to find a replacement for the cruise-in part of our next Gainesville Get Together and 1/4 Mile Run .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts