El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I want to lift both sides and place jack stands under the frame rails, where is the ideal place to put the floor jack saddle? Can I put it under a cross member? That is what I do on my Suburban, not sure if that is a good idea with the El C.
Thanks,
Don
Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,388 Posts
..anywhere on the frame rail,you can jack it up from mid point,like NASCAR,they put the jack at mid-point of the frame rails,that way they can change two tire at once on one side..:beer:
:beer:

·
Registered
742 Posts
I lift my 79 all the time placing the saddle under the large cross member.
Just be sure you use a couple of jack stands before sliding under the vehicle !!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
In 15 years this only happened one time. I placed the jack under the front crossmember on a 69 Chevelle and when the car was about a foot off the ground it spit the jack out. Using this method always worries me now, so I usually place the jack on the sides of the frame (front or rear).

·
Registered
287 Posts
..anywhere on the frame rail,you can jack it up from mid point,like NASCAR,they put the jack at mid-point of the frame rails,that way they can change two tire at once on one side..🍺
🍺
This is not true. Most have dents from this. At least the later gen elcos are like this. This is potentially damaging false info your spreading please be careful with stuff like this

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.