El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
San Antonio Raceway is officially back. Show your support for the track by coming out.
They are supposed to have 12 Blown Nostalgia cars tonight.:bigups:

I will be leaving home today at 3pm and heading for the track for some Test-N-Tune on the 1/4 mile.:texas:

Track opens at 5pm and will be open until Midnight.
$20 to race
$10 to watch/ kids 12 and under FREE

Everything is pit side, so come and get close to the action!:nanawrench::nanawrench:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sounds like fun, Too bad everything cool is so far away from where I live, maybe next year:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wild night at SAR, just got home and didn't stay to the end, I really hope Barry hadn't left before my second run. I need to see video of that run, its probably on you tube by now.:texas:

Moment of silence, Thank you Lord for watching out for little ole me and my fellow racer who hit the wall and was upside down and spinning toward me at nearly 100 mph.:bigups::beer:

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAmen!

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Wild night at SAR, just got home and didn't stay to the end, I really hope Barry hadn't left before my second run. I need to see video of that run, its probably on you tube by now.:texas:

Moment of silence, Thank you Lord for watching out for little ole me and my fellow racer who hit the wall and was upside down and spinning toward me at nearly 100 mph.:bigups::beer:
:eek3:
Donny

·
Registered
581 Posts
Glad you made it home safe. Prayers for the upside down racer.:texas:

·
Registered
668 Posts
I saw the run but by the time it finally came your turn, the group behind and in front of me had become little 'rowdy' and evidently the guy you were racing was 'their guy'. As the camera started to roll, they jumped up and blocked the view. I got you in mid run and then was blocked down track and then, of course, it became chaotic. It was a scarey moment in time and at a 100 mph a very dangerous one as well. The good Lord was watching over both of you. My camera wasn't. I left once I knew you and he were O.K.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw the run but by the time it finally came your turn, the group behind and in front of me had become little 'rowdy' and evidently the guy you were racing was 'their guy'. As the camera started to roll, they jumped up and blocked the view. I got you in mid run and then was blocked down track and then, of course, it became chaotic. It was a scarey moment in time and at a 100 mph a very dangerous one as well. The good Lord was watching over both of you. My camera wasn't. I left once I knew you and he were O.K.
Thanks for coming out Barry, I really appreciate it.:texas:
I was on a good run and the whole wreck looked to be in slow motion like a scene from Fast n Furious.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A few pics

A couple of pics from last night.

And finally the car that almost took me out.:eek3:
:texas:

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
Glad you both are ok.

Tim

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone for the concerns, luckily when racing on the track there is only one other car to contend with. There were lots of pieces flying around, mostly fiberglass, bumper, door, fender, hood, and header panel, but mainly I was concerned about hitting his car. He was spinning upside down which put his main frame about window height on my car.
I had about 1 second to think and make the right move. :bigups:

Yes, the new improved engine made improvements, 6.85 to 6.65 1/8 mile
and 10.78 to 10.63. This was the only full 1/4 mile run I got and it had a poor 60' time of 1.54, the next run that I had to abort had a 1.47 60' time.
I will be adding more to my cage after witnessing the rollover up close.:texas:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,530 Posts
Glad it was just a close call and no one was injured. Still, it'll make you think. Sounds like it was a wild night for sure.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ralph, glad to hear you and the Elko are OK. Great news that the track is finally open again.

Geezer, what you think about a night out at SAR (maybe 1 August, weather permitting?) to support Ralph & the other racers? Nothing against Biffs but I need a little excitement that you just cant get at Biff's!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts