El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My truck was just painted and next weekend I will be doing an engine swap. Even the guy who painted my truck told me if I chip it bring it back and he would fix it no charge. I was walking out of WalMart and saw these noodles . so I bought a couple and now this is defiantly the way to save chipping the paint. here's a video.

The pupple piece of wire loom by the oil cap I tested after driving all day and it didn't melt so looking good so far.

PERTTY SOON I'M GOING TO HAVE TO DO ONE CALLED THE BEST OF:poke:

CLICK ON PICTURE THIS IS NOODLING CALIF. WAY:secret:

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Be careful that doesn't mark your fresh paint. It takes about 120 days to fully cure.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
I always used old army blankets and movers' blankets. Not being in a rush is critical...

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always used old army blankets and movers' blankets. Not being in a rush is critical...
that's the whole plan. I have been collecting everything I need and checking it twice. I can't think of anything I messed but sure there:beer: is. When I did all my air conditioning I took my time by myself with help here and it was perfect the first time. Too fast takes twice as long.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be careful that doesn't mark your fresh paint. It takes about 120 days to fully cure.

I will you can count on that. but were pulling the motor straight up and out with no hood so I should be good to go. also have a big long hoist.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
It should be "cake". Send the women shopping, turn your cell off, chill some beers and tell everyone to stay away. Distractions are usually how I get screwed up when I am doing something of a delicate nature.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It should be "cake". Send the women shopping, turn hour cell off, chill some beers and tell everyone to stay away. Distractions are usually how I get screwed up when I am doing something of a delicate nature.

By the end of the week I should have everything I can swap on the new motor and the old one unbolted and when Rich comes over sat, to help most of his time can be spent on the prep and final check before cranking it over.:beer: and I live alone:nanawrench::nanawrench:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts
..Don't let that hood ornament poke ya in the belly..:poke:
:beer:

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
You can use a ilttle blue or green masking tape on underhood areas you want extra protection on.
If you want help removing the hood, drop it off at a paint shop to have the underside done on the way home before starting & get them to help set it in place when you're done. 2 problems solved at one time. You could do the drill 2 1/8" alignment holes through each hinge & hood trick to help re-alignment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts