El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
California... the land of fruits and nuts... not to mention produce.

From the article...

Take notice if you drive to and from work each day in California. SB 350, known as the California Gas Restriction Act of 2015, (de León) requires a 50% reduction in petroleum, 50% increase in renewables for electricity generation, and a 50% increase in the energy efficiency of buildings by 2030. SB 350 will also grant the Air Resources Board significant authority to adopt regulations that will result in a 50% reduction in petroleum use in cars and trucks by 2030.

In short, unelected regulators will be able to limit how far you can drive, ration gas, increase costs, and penalize drivers for using too much gas.

Read the entire article, including a link to an online petition against the bill, here.

Update:

Another source. California Governor Jerry Brown speaks on SB 350. Watch read more and watch video here.

·
Registered
66 Posts
These guys are nuts, CARB (Criminal Air Resources Board) are always screwing things up.

Back in the mid 90's there was a smog law passed that would allow for a rolling 30 years or older to be exempt from smog test. When it passed the rolling 30 was supposed to start on 1973(?) or older cars. A few years later the law was changed.:let_it_all_out:

Excerpt from the following website:

3.History of the hard cap . Prior to 2005, existing law contained a 30-year rolling smog check exemption, allowing vehicles to "graduate" from the program once they reached 30 years of age. The Legislature set a hard date at which cars aged out of the smog check program by passing AB 2683 (Lieber), Chapter 704, Statutes of 2004, which repealed the 30-year rolling exemption and instead created an exemption for vehicles manufactured prior to the 1976 model year.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_1201-1250/sb_1224_cfa_20120409_092307_sen_comm.html

If the rolling 30 was still law my 1985 would be exempt before I have to smog it again.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENSES

Wasn't the last big move Crazyfornia made a requirement for a minimum of 10% of new vehicles sold had to be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEV) by 2003? Yes they did. I don't think it worked out too well.

http://www.ppic.org/content/pubs/cep/EP_907LBEP.pdf

5) In its original form, the ZEV mandate applied only to
new passenger cars and the lightest light-duty trucks
(approximately half of the new passenger vehicles sold in
the state), meaning that only these vehicles were used to
calculate the number of vehicles required for ZEV compliance.
A later amendment, which will be fully phased in
by 2012, added heavier light-duty trucks (including most
SUVs) to the calculation.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Electing liberal progressives over and over has consequences.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Paid 2.98 a gallon today in Calif. and we have 11 oil refineries in this state. Always wondered how mid west states with no refineries sale gas 1.50 less a gallon...........Oh yeah I live in Taxaforina.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Paid 2.98 a gallon today in Calif. and we have 11 oil refineries in this state. Always wondered how mid west states with no refineries sale gas 1.50 less a gallon...........Oh yeah I live in Taxaforina.
Thats because all the other states can buy their gas from anywhere. In California gas can come only from refineries in California, no out of state refined gas can be sold in California.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So where is all of the energry needed for electric vehicles going to come from? If you make vehicles be %50 of all cars in Caili, you will incress the electric deman much, much higher! And in the US %50 of power comes from coal! So even if you kill gas cars and replace them with elctric you wont get ahead.....

What is need to be used is hydrogen fueled cars, they only produce water!

And leave all the old gas cars for guys like us:nanawrench:

·
Registered
20 Posts
So stoked I got outta that state when I had the chance! I pay $2.30 for fuel, no smog on my 81, and liberals to tell me what I should and shouldn't do! I can ride my motor bike down the street with no helmet, smoking a cigarette, with my AR-15 strapped to my back and no one would even bat an eye. America! :usa::usa:http://elcaminocentral.com/images/smilies/usa.gif

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Its not that cheap yet Im in the Midwest and its still $2.29 just dropped in the last few days. Otherwise most of the summer it was 2.49

1 - 11 of 11 Posts