El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,954 Posts
there's been a few people trying to sign up to scam but that is on just about every website in the world, But No we don't let scammers stay, We BAN them
Most people will only use secure payments like paypal & not send cash or checks
Who is the person you are talking about & what did he didn't do

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The name here is MARK1200 Been pestering him for responses. I paid PayPal but he wanted friends and family by which I can't get my money back. I thought it was an on the level purchase, so why not? El Camino people are normally hardworking on-the-level dudes. It was for a 4.3 manifold he said he had. I have yet to get a photo, now its that the post office doesnt send on weekends which it does.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Something is strange. Looking at the two replies to your original post requesting the item, it appears that neither are from a mark1200. Don't know whats going on but if you have indeed been scammed, I hope it can be resolved to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The name here is MARK1200 Been pestering him for responses. I paid PayPal but he wanted friends and family by which I can't get my money back. I thought it was an on the level purchase, so why not? El Camino people are normally hardworking on-the-level dudes. It was for a 4.3 manifold he said he had. I have yet to get a photo, now its that the post office doesnt send on weekends which it does.
He side messaged me...

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,954 Posts
the family & friends option is NOT a secure payment option, Many people get scammed that way think they are using paypal,
I would have not sent any money with out pics first

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Something is strange. Looking at the two replies to your original post requesting the item, it appears that neither are from a mark1200. Don't know whats going on but if you have indeed been scammed, I hope it can be resolved to your satisfaction.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,954 Posts
he is a new member with only 2 replies ! Not a Member anymore he is getting banned

·
Registered
399 Posts
I hope things do work out for you. It definitely sounds sketchy. I feel bad for you but, like was stated above, "Make sure you get pictures of what you are paying fo". MAYBE that will keep you safe.

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
@Administrator @87next2last1
Administrator, can you identify the TCP/IP address this member used to join?
Can you search this (and your other sites) to see if there are other user id's created from that address that may be considered to be blocked?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I’ll do F&F with people I’ve seen and ‘know’ but not a two post stranger who ‘happens’ to have something I’m looking for. I hate that happened though.
Patrick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see this recent post from someone new.

"I'm talking to Mark1200 in Cali who say's he has a skin for me. We're trying to work the deal out now. But I'm warming to the convertible idea. Maybe T-tops. easier than tonneau. "

convertable? | El Camino Central Forum
I messaged this guy. Asking if it was Mark1200 or MARK1200. I don't know if there is any difference. The guys number I have is from Massachusetts.
I’ll do F&F with people I’ve seen and ‘know’ but not a two post stranger who ‘happens’ to have something I’m looking for. I hate that happened though.
Patrick
My fault for sure, just thought us elco folk were all on the up and up. Apparently that's not the case. I've done F&F for family refered under the table smog, and I just felt the same vibe here. Again it's me, I just wanted to let you guys know so it doesn't happen to one of you guys.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I too was having the same problems with Mark1200. He would not provide pictures, side messaged ask for PayPal friends and family. I was very skeptical and about to call the deal off I'm glad I saw this and I'm glad the Forum is there to help us and protect us. Thanks for looking out. I guess I don't have a roof anymore. LOL

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
I found 2 other forums that a new member Mark1200 joined/active in the last approx 60 days.
Does not mean it is definitely the same individual.

Cut and paste of Google Search results
======
G8 Pontiac site.
Activity Stream - GRRRR8.net - Pontiac G8 Forum
www.g8nation.com › activity

Mark1200's Avatar. 12-10-2020, 05:13 PM. Mark1200 replied to a thread Wanted to buy HP Tuners MPVI in Want to Buy. (short text that followed not pasted due to racial slurs)
=-===

A Gulf Coast Gun Club Forum
MARK1200 | Florida, Alabama, Gulf Coast Gun Talk
www.gulfcoastgunforum.com › Members

MARK1200. New Member. Joined: Yesterday at 6:04 PM. Last seen: Yesterday at 6:04 PM. Messages: 0. Reaction score: 0. Points: 0 ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know what to say. I hope I am right, it's just the way I was responded to that raised some flags. Plus putting Mark as a name and Kamau coming up after the money was sent. My only hope is to respond to them Monday, on a day they could have sent it through the mail and inform me of a tracking number.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Someone please educate a dummy.

I've done F&F

What does F & F mean?

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,954 Posts
Someone please educate a dummy.

I've done F&F

What does F & F mean?
it's the family & friends option of payment thru paypal & they doesn't charge for it & it is not covered by paypal protection
the other way of payment is invoice/services ^ there is a small fee for it & the payment is protected, can get your money back

1 - 20 of 30 Posts