El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a 2" instead of a 4" but that was better anyways!!!::nanawrench:
One cowl hood, a set of hood pins and cables, 4 wheel well trim and 2 long pieces that go along the bottom, all for $160.00 with help installing them!!!:nanawrench:

I think it looks pretty cool without painting to match!!!

Question?
I used all my stock henges springs and latches ( no more broken windshields for me!!!)but it seems to bow up a little in the middle, could that be from the springs?:dontknow:
Donny

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Donny, if it's fiberglass?? Per hardwood (which I installed 3 yrs ago) ""The hoods are stacked end to end before shipping; simply place a towel on each side of the hood with a cement block and let set in the sun for a day or so"" Also got the same answer from a local fiberglass shop. Works... Dale

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Wow! I need to start having you look out for stuff i need! No seriously how do you do it!

Great job Donny! You sure get your moneys worth! Oh i like the new elky!

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
sweeeet!!

Tim

·
Premium Member
12,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Donny, if it's fiberglass?? Per hardwood (which I installed 3 yrs ago) ""The hoods are stacked end to end before shipping; simply place a towel on each side of the hood with a cement block and let set in the sun for a day or so"" Also got the same answer from a local fiberglass shop. Works... Dale
Thanks everyone. They were in Covington Tx. About 1.5 hours away. I put a post out a couple of months ago in the wanted section of Craigslist and he called. I had forgotten I even posted!!
A real cool dude that don't get on the CPU much however his 71 is in the paint and body shop and he thinks he can make Belton!!!
Thanks for the block trick!!! I'll try it this summer!!!:nanawrench:
Donny

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
'll bet your neighbors are always looking for you to see what Elky your driving next.:poke:

G

·
:dontknow:I have a steel 2" hood, but have heard that you should use weaker springs for fiberglass hoods. I could be wrong, but if I am, I'm sure someone will correct me. But it does look good. :texas::beer:
Is your steel hood for sale?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts