El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
i run a sean murphy stage 2 however it isnt cc, im very pleased with the results:beer:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i run a sean murphy stage 2 however it isnt cc, im very pleased with the results:beer:
if you don't mind me asking, what kinda motor are you using it on; and how does the carb work in stop and go traffic, highway etc.?

thanks,
Jim

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
mine runs great running a warmed up small block th350 and 373 gears gets 15 mpg if i drive it right hwy milage is less cause of the high rpms and low gears if you try one youll never go back:beer:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why stage 2 for you if yours is cc??
My new crate motor has what a couple of mechanics called a lean miss. The last one adjusted the carb and its running better than it ever has, however it still has a miss. Last week he told me to plug the EGR and run it a couple of days. He said the EGR might be leaning it out. I plugged it and it runs smoother, but still has a miss. I was thinking a performance version of the stock CC 750 Quadrajet might smooth it out.
What do you think?

Jim

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
If it is running lean enough to miss I would think it would be setting codes.
Just a quick question. Have you adjusted the valves with it running? If not I would suggest you go through them. A valve a little tight can cause you to chase your tail on mixture/ignition forever. AMHIK

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a SMI stage 2 CC Q-Jet on my '87 El camino with a GMPP 350HO. Before, I had a stock unit wit richer secondary metering rods, but it was still a little flat coming on the secondaries. This new one works very well, no issues. They set up the stage 2 for your particular engine combination so it should work right out of the box.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a SMI stage 2 CC Q-Jet on my '87 El camino with a GMPP 350HO. Before, I had a stock unit wit richer secondary metering rods, but it was still a little flat coming on the secondaries. This new one works very well, no issues. They set up the stage 2 for your particular engine combination so it should work right out of the box.
That's good to know, thanks. Do you mind if I ask what other changes you made to the Computer Control systems or emissions to get it to run right?

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts