El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have looked a bit for this and did not find an answer. I apologize if this has been discussed. My question; Is there a way to search for subjects regarding only a specific gen number? When I search for info pertinent to my car I get results for all generations and have to read through a lot of unrelated things that do not concern my gen 4 model. Is there a way to filter this? Thanks for any info.

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Menu up top, choose "Search", not the google custom search but just above. Then choose "Advanced", find "Tags" and type in criteria, choose all open forums and then hit the search button.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Acauth. If I want to search for say for example: stereo speakers for only generation 4 models, I see no way to do this. I choose speakers and then select audio in the forums, I get all posts in the audio forum listing the word speakers but nothing dealing with only gen 4 models. Was wondering if someone who wanted to only deal with info on their generation could isolate only those posts without having to look through all the others.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I don't think there is any way to do that.. I've learned how to skim over long winded posts and frankly I've learned a lot of things from going over posts that have nothing to do with the 69..

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
you can search for each year model of the 3rd gens.. 1973 thru 1977 in audio only..
there isn't really a good way to do it..
1976 search in audio only
https://www.elcaminocentral.com/search.php?searchid=5973640
1975 audio only
https://www.elcaminocentral.com/search.php?searchid=5973646
also saving/posting a search doesn't work ether sometimes, cause they time out...
if you go to vBulletin web site there are some search tips,
which I assume are changing all the time...
welcome Sprint
:texas:

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tips guys. I appreciate the help. I will learn how to cull the fluff and love the stuff(that pertains to mine) lol...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts