El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mounted the 02 Monte Carlo bucket seats in my 85 EC.They are in good shape but wrong color and cloth. I don't really want a "seat cover" that goes over the existing cloth. My plan is to remove the OEM grey cloth and tune up the foam prior to installing new, yet to be determined fabric/color, directly over the foam.

I've done a lot of research and read through quite a few forum reads.

I'm looking for recommendations for a manufacturer who makes the covers to OEM fit rather than over an existing set of covers.

The wife of my "hotrod guy" does extensive interior resto and she may be able to just make some.

But I always enjoy the range of suggestions and recommendations out of this group.

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I don't know what you want to spend, but I just got the latest catalog from The El Camino Store (elcaminostore.com) and I already have the 2017 Original Parts Group Inc catalog (opgi.com). I mostly use them for inspiration because my pockets aren't that deep, but great OEM everything. I have had to buy a few things from both of them in the past. I must say that I go to them when I can't find things any where else cheaper. They have all the different types and parts of seats you could want.

·
Supporting Member
4,502 Posts
I just had a set of Leather seat upholstery made by these guys lseat.com for my Acura seats. If they have the pattern for the '02 MC, then cost is $299. If they don't have the pattern, you can pull the seat upholstery from the passenger seat and send it to them, and the price is cut in 1/2! I believe they also do cloth and Faux Leather, but at this price it's too good to pass up.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I bought Legendary brand seat covers with extra side bolstering for my 69. (I think they were from OPG) Stock look but more comfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts