El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to follow the tuning steps in the Holley installation manual for a 4160 600cfm 4 barrel.

The second step is to adjust the idle, the instructions say to move the primary and secondary stops the same amount so that the throttle plates move equally. The primary is obvious. The location of the secondary has be stumped. They show a picture of it in the manual, however, it is a close up of the screw, and there isn't enough of the surrounding body (for me anyway) to id the location. I have searched all over the thing and have identified everything else on the thing, but I can't find where this secondary idle stop screw is hiding.

Can anyone tell me if it is on the left, right, front, back, top or maybe in the bowl?

Thanks,
Don

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Don, the secondary stop screw can only be accessed from the bottom of throttle bodv with an allen. Maybe on yours it can be accessed without removal. On passenger side.
James

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think I'll just adjust it with the primary idle screw. I have been reading on a lot of other forums, seems that the secondary is set at the factory and only needs to be adjusted for large cams and when the primary is ineffective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts