El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my '67 elco I unbolted the panel at the front of the bed and used the area underneath to mount the battery and NOS bottle. I still had room for a 4way, jack and jumper cables. The tailgate is also hollow and I used this space to mount about 100 pounds of ballast. It made the tailgate hard to open but gave me excellent traction. I believe most elco's have this feature. Have fun!

·
Registered
225 Posts
There's a reason that's called a smuggler's box, because every customs agent on the planet knows about it, especially the dogs. Personally, I mounted my fuel pump in mine.

64SS427

·
Registered
72 Posts
The "box" is a great place to hide CD players and other after market "add-on's" without using the factory dash. Have fun with the truck, use the space Chevy gave us to your advantaged.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Smugglers box

Where is a good place to get a new plactic box? It's not top of the list, but mine is badly broken. I've glued mine back together for the time being, so that It can hold tools, water, and rags. We have a few Chevrolet parts places in Oregon that I can check. But I've heard that prices can be steep. Oh, so many things to do, so little money to do them with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts