El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m selling my 1985 El Camino with a newer 4.3 V6 crate motor. I didn't need it at the time, but I bought this Elco a few years ago because the EFI 4.3 crate motor only had 1,500 miles on it, and the doors are in pretty good shape. It runs excellent…fires up immediately and idles smooth (doesn’t leak or burn any fluids).

THE GOOD:
Practically new crate motor with fewer than 2k miles.
Entire drive train works excellent.
Doors are in pretty good shape.
The body is in pretty good shape with some rust in the usual areas, and NO rust in some of the other usual areas.
Paint is in decent shape and about 5 years old.

THE NOT-SO-GOOD:
Interior is in fairly poor condition, but still functional (dash very cracked, carpet has dirt stains, no radio).
Some rust around the rear window, which has been temporarily filled with sealant.
Tires have 75% tread left, but are dry rotted.
I haven’t tried it in a while, but assume the AC doesn’t blow cold.

I bought this Elco as a parts car, but I just don’t need it. To be honest, it can easily be more than a parts car to someone else. It runs excellent with the newer crate engine and has a ‘below-average to average’ level of rust. With a little TLC, it would make a great work truck, or cheap daily driver. Or it could be parted out and sold for probably double my asking price. BUT, I will not part it out, im selling it as a whole. Local pick-up only, because I want the buyer to see it in person. Clean Florida title.

$1,200. PM or post reply if interested.

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, if you where on my side of the state I'd come by an take a look. :beer:
My mistake, I guess it would help if I posted the location. It's in the Ft Lauderdale area. A few people are coming to look at it tomorrow. If any of them take it Ill remove this ad, but until then it's still available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts