El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As if California isn't paying enough for gasoline already...

From the article...

Members of a Senate committee tackling a huge backlog of roadway maintenance endorsed legislation that would generate $4 billion annually for repairs by increasing the gas tax 12 cents a gallon and boosting annual vehicle registration fees $35 for most cars. Fees for all-electric vehicles would go up $100.

Read the entire article, including all the fee's and tax increases that are not related to automobiles, here.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
A bit of a hurdle to get it passed but yeah :( - If I thought it would actually go to fixing our roads I'd be almost ok with it, $2.40 extra for a tank of gas isn't going to send me to the poor house, but I don't have much confidence that the money wouldn't get shunted to some other thing

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wish I could pay 2.95 a gallon the price just dropped to 3.39 for regular here in Morro Bay. San Luis Obispo County still has some of the highest prices in the state.

·
Registered
823 Posts
They did the same thing here in Utah when gas was selling for under 2 bucks a gallon. Like none of us knew gas prices where never going to go up again. I hate these people!!! They always look at our money like it belongs to them!! After paying what we have all these years for gas due to their incompetence don't we deserve a break?

:twocents:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wish I could pay 2.95 a gallon the price just dropped to 3.39 for regular here in Morro Bay. San Luis Obispo County still has some of the highest prices in the state.[/QUOTE

I just wish I could afford to move back to SLO..........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts