El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tested my 84 elky sending unit to be bad. Got another out of a friends parts car and its also bad. Ordered one from the elcaminostore.com and its back ordered till for another 3 weeks. So i have decided to try a universal one maybe. Does anyone know the ohm range i need? will this one work? i understand i might have to modify it to work

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Moeller-Marine-Electric-Universal-Sending/dp/B000MTCRAA[/ame]

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
The amazon you are looking at won't work. Ohms are wrong and I don't know how you would ever get it to seal in the tank.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I have heard of somewhere that sold the rheostat (resister coil) only for gm applications, but can't remember who. I've been using tripmeter for years now myself, will soon switch to 90's wagon efi tank as an upgrade.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i cant stand driving without a gauge anymore. i can make one seal pretty easy as long as its smaller than my current hole in the tank. orileys NAPA and autozone dont have them and have never been able to find anything on the rock auto site

·
Registered
157 Posts
TO THE RESCUE! A 4th gen owner! No one knows searching for hard to find parts like a 4th gen owner (and 1st gens too)!

i cant stand driving without a gauge anymore. i can make one seal pretty easy as long as its smaller than my current hole in the tank. orileys NAPA and autozone dont have them and have never been able to find anything on the rock auto site
I have no clue what your talking about? You sure your at the right rock auto site? This is the results for your 84, i presume you have a 305 since you state you have a SS

1984 CHEVROLET EL CAMINO 5.0L 305cid V8 : Fuel/Air : Fuel Tank Sending UnitPriceACDELCO Part # 25000932

SENDER,FUEL TK UNIT, 17 1/2 GAL/66.24L TK; w/o 83 LITER/22 GAL FUEL TANK(N23) [Wholesaler Closeout -- 30 Day Warranty] (Only 1 Remaining)

* Stocked in outlying warehouse--shipping delayed up to 1 business days$107.89ACDELCO Part # FLS1093
{#19180450, 25000932}
SENDER,FUEL TK UNIT, 17 1/2 GAL/66.24L TK; w/o 83 LITER/22 GAL FUEL TANK(N23)$120.89ACDELCO Part # FLS1094
{#19180451, 25001076}
SENDER,FUEL w/83 LITER/22 GAL FUEL TANK(N23); IN TK, 22 GAL/83L TK, 2 LINES$141.79

Now try to find one for my 76 :D Good luck....hahahahaha

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Good luck I been watching for a year and nobody has got the correct one without tweaking the arm. There is a recent thread on fixing the old one and the guy is willing to help if you can find it. If I were you I would start looking at others post to save you the madness and wasted money trying to get your gauge to read correct. Please when you get it right share it with all the other members. I got lucky waiting without my gauge for 8-months it must have unstuck or something because it started working fine for the last 6-months for now!!!!!! Let me correct myself I haven't seen myself a post of the correct unit and I'm on here every day and could have missed one.

You ever bent the rod in the bathroom tank? It's never the same again just runs.[]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts