El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently i have what i call 'idiot lights' in my dash cluster which really annoy me. i found an old dash cluster out of an elky in the junk yard that has tach, and my volt/oil pres/ water temp gauge. now i know im gonna need new sending units for those, anyone know where i can find them? ive looked over ebay and the net and cant seem the correct units for an 86.

thx!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you check your local Chevy dealer? Probably still available.
John

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i get mine at autozone but orielies or napa will have them,i have only goten one bad one in years of buying from the zone. a lot of thier stuff is crap but have had fair luck with thier senders

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
did you get the tach filter ? you will need it for the tach to work. it is a capaciter looking thing screwed to the firewall between the dist and power brake unit.it has a wire coneing from each end and hooks to the dist and tach. it goes through a hole in the firewall near where it is screwed down so get it and the gromet and all of the wire into where it hooks into the dash pod.sounds complicated but is very simple

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Cory - If you and your Dad bring your Elky this Friday to Lee USA Speedway, there will be plenty of experts available to answers those questions. You might even score some parts to finish the job. Check the thread under the Region 2 forum. See you there???

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Great to hear from you!

Really good to see you posting, and sharing your knowledge and support for a new member. That's what we're all about.....................Ken :beer:

Did you check your local Chevy dealer? Probably still available.
John

·
Registered
12,533 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts