El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sent the following message to every member of the NECOA who joined the Association during the Month of September. If you fall within that definition, please consider whether you want to make a purely voluntary donation to help out with growing the Association, promoting our name and the El Camino brand, and helping members with organizing shows and meetings. Thank you very much for your attention to the message.......................Ken

<B>Since September is now upon us, I‘m sending a reminder about the donations processes now found in our Association Bylaws. This will give those members who joined the NECOA during the Month of September, of any Year back to 2003, a chance to review the policy and decide if they would like to make a donation.

ARTICLE VI (Our Bylaws, Adopted 11/04/2011)
Section 1. DUES:
[/quote]
[quote]
Basic membership in NECOA is without charge. Annual dues for Participating or Supporting membership shall be fixed by the Executive Committee from time to time and adjusted as necessary to provide a balanced budget for club activities and expenses. Dues shall be considered payable at the end of the month in which the member joined. The Executive Committee may from time to time adopt certain privileges to be extended to Participating or Supporting members as appropriate.
[/quote]

The NECOA is now prepared to begin accepting donations to its Wells Fargo bank account. As the Bylaws allow, there will be two levels of membership available via donation: the “Participating Member” and the “Supporting Member”. The Participating membership title will be bestowed on any member donating a minimum of $25.00 but less than $65.00. The Supporting membership title will be bestowed on any member making a minimum donation of $65.00. If you do not know the month that you joined the NECOA & EEC, Check the “Your Profile” block within the “USER CP” on the top ribbon, HOME Page. Or, just look at the upper right hand corner of any of your posts. Your join date will be shown there! If you still cannot locate the information, contact me and I will get it for you.

If you wish to donate according to your join date anniversary, you can pro-rate a donation according to how many months it is until your anniversary month. Just multiply 0.08 times the number of months left before your anniversary month. Then multiply that answer times the $25.00 or $ 65.00, or other amount that you wish to donate. EXAMPLE: Your anniversary month is December, 5 months off. To pro-rate a donation to be sent in now, multiple 0.08 times 5. That should equal 0.40, or 40 percent of the amount you wish to donate yearly. 0.40 times $25.00 equals $ 10.00, or 0.40 times $ 65.00 equals $ 26.00. Those are the amounts that you would want to submit for either the Participating or the Supporting donation categories.

Should you decide to donate to the NECOA, simply go to the PayPAL site at PayPAL.com, and select “Send Money”. Next, in the space provided for “TO (email or mobile phone)”, type in “[email protected]”. Then type in the amount you wish to donate. It’s easy, and if you have your bank tied to the account, or have the funds available in your PayPAL account – they do not deduct a fee. If you do not wish to use PayPAL, please send a check or money order, made out to the NECOA, to Ken Rogers, 2005 Running Brook, Joshua, Texas, 76058. The donated money will be used strictly for the good of the Association, for growth, for services to members, and to purchase goods and services that the Executive Committee believes are necessary to a successful Association. A complete accounting of every cent will be made to the membership every 6 months – on February 1, and on August 1.

As far as having NECOA "dues", the NECOA is, and I hope will remain, free to all who want to join. There are a large number of folks who are unemployed, underemployed, or otherwise cannot afford a required sign-up fee to an on-line Forum. Now, having said that, there are a large number of folks who do have disposable income, and don't mind tossing some of that toward a favorite charity, a social club, or an on-line Club where they spend a lot of time either with their friends, or studying how to accomplish a change from a 6-cylinder to an LS 3 for their pet Elky. Whether you want to call it "pay-to-play", or a helpful donation, these members can really help our Association grow into a real service organization.

There is additional information contained in this year's Status Report to Members, Located here: http://www.elcaminocentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2947&d=1342625947

And finally for those wondering about the monetary relationship between the NECOA and AutoForums: All of the money that is currently given to “elcaminocentral” to support the web site goes entirely to AutoForums. When you upgrade your ECC account, the money goes to AutoForums for maintaining the web site. This is important, and we do not want to diminish the importance of those funds. However, not a penny is kicked back to the NECOA. Now, all of the money that will be donated to the NECOA under the guidelines just set out will stay, entirely, with the NECOA, to be used for our purposes in growing and supporting the membership. If you have questions, please feel free to contact me at [email protected], or call at 817-999-3821. I’ll be happy to talk about the NECOA, and how we can continue to grow the Association!

Thank you very much for your contribution to the growth and success of the Association.

For the Executive Committee, Ken Rogers, National Director

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Members' Head Count

According to the NECOA database, we have approximately 1,591 members who have joined during the Month of September - from 2003 through 2011. I surely would expect to hear from some of them, and to aknowledge them, especially the ones who joined back in 2003 through 2008 or so. Let's hear it for those early pioneers, who blazed the trail for the rest of us with the knowledge and experience that the Forum is famous for!..........................Ken :beer:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nobody Cares about.........................

Not even a "Hear, Hear" for the old timers - those who started this forum and made it what it is today?.........................Ken :dontknow:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump!

Bump!

·
Super Moderator
1,568 Posts
Just sent my payment through PayPal. :beer: It is awesome to see just how many members we have!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts