El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I could have met you guys in person by being able to attend one of your gatherings and/or cruises......however, the original motor inside my 78 Elky is causing water to pour out of the exhaust....and im broke at the moment, so she'll be sitting in the yard till I can get the money. Breaks my heart man, my deceased grandfather used to ride me around in his 83 when I was a small child, so having this car means a lot to me as I'm sure yours do also. Regrets.

·
Participating Member
2,257 Posts
Hang in there Soulja, she can be fixed. Make sure you drain out the engine block while you're waiting for that lottery, bank error, lost uncle inheritance, or whatever! I feel your pain $$$ wise. I would have to sell my soul (again) to fund any major projects/repairs to ol' SHARP71. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Throw 10 bucks a week at your local pick-n-pull and you'll have a new engine in no time.

Keep smiling and dreaming.:beer:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Maybe we can work something out. Im gonna buy an engine from a buddy of mine pretty soon. My engine leaks oil but it doesnt blow water. Maybe I can give you a discount price.lol Unless you dont think you will be any better off.

·
Registered
397 Posts
A good engine for low budget people will always be easy to find.. take your block apart and sell it for parts!!!! with the help of the intro-web. Craigslist is a flea Market of wealth.. Ive seen 305ci full block sell for 150$ and a 350ci for 500$.. so im sure youll have it back up sooner than later..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts