El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't wait any longer winter isn't coming to So Cal this year. On the average this winter must be around 70d with only a few days of rain. I went down to Pico Custom Colors & collision 562-695-7200 former name Hector's paint & body where my truck was painted about five years ago. Had Hector take a look and with my body almost perfectly straight with just some door dings and sense I had it done by him before he will strip it down and repaint it with the same color paint Black Cherry Candy for $1800.00 cash. He's working on three custom jobs now so it's going to be two weeks before I get it back.
Hay Terry how bad was it really waiting 14 days!!! I'm not looking forward waiting but I can walk to work a loose a couple of my beer pounds .:beer:
I may wait till Monday to drop it off because their not open on the weekends and that would just add more time .

If anybody in the Los Angeles area is ready to get theirs done let me know and maybe I can get you a deal at the same time .
Should look like this same day after first paint $4000.00 with body work.:nanawrench::nanawrench::nanawrench:

·
0 Posts
You have one of the best 5th gen paint jobs I've seen in a long time. It's a classy color,kinda like wine.....

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have one of the best 5th gen paint jobs I've seen in a long time. It's a classy color,kinda like wine.....

Thanks now if I can find the rims I want I will be done with the outside.:texas:
Robert

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,714 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are the wheels I have and I really like them. Also, get a cowl hood, it adds a lot. To the looks.
I don't know about the hood but I do like your set up and the price is right instead of buying new 18 inch tires I will have two set's of rims for shows.:texas:

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Curious about what you mean by "strip it down". Do mean taking off the trim or going down to bare metal? Either way it sounds a bit cheap. I just painted mine with DuPont Chroma Premier base coat and DuPont clear and spent close to $1000 on paint and materials. And I took mine down to metal. What brand paint is he using?

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Curious about what you mean by "strip it down". Do mean taking off the trim or going down to bare metal? Either way it sounds a bit cheap. I just painted mine with DuPont Chroma Premier base coat and DuPont clear and spent close to $1000 on paint and materials. And I took mine down to metal. What brand paint is he using?

I'm not sure what paint he uses but his samples are from Kustom kolors and my first paint job came out great I screwed it up . Went to the OPGI show and there were two El Camino's that used him and theirs were perfect also. He does all the painting for Mikes El Camino out here. My body is perfect with just a couple of door dings. He said he would sand it down and block it paint and clear coat. He has three custom jobs now and their looking great also. When I drop it off I will ask and take pictures o9f his truck and projects. I get a lot of people asking me where I had it done so I'm SURE IT WILL BE THE SAME AS THE FIRST JOB.:beer:
Robert

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't know about the hood but I do like your set up and the price is right instead of buying new 18 inch tires I will have two set's of rims for shows.:texas:
Ur starting to sound like me at 1 point I had 4 sets of wheels for the elky but I sold the ones that came with it. I have the cragers on there now, rears rims r 15/10 the tires r 295/50/15 n the front rims r 15/8 n the tires r 235/50/15. Then I have a set of camaro z28 with a small wite wall I got from a friend for cheep then the old rally wheels wit beauty rings n center caps.

·
0 Posts

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Oh Ok. So scuff & shoot. Still a great price.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh Ok. So scuff & shoot. Still a great price.
Thanks he's taking all the trim off and what he said was he would take it down and do all the dings?
Robert

·
Registered
20 Posts
Robert, that's a sweet deal and, one of my favorite colors. Wish I could find someone like that around here. I retired the #3 and, went with chameleon Carribean Gold to Blue to Green powder, from Paintwithpearl.com. I did just about everything you shouldn't do, when painting. It will just have to do for now. Wheels and, tires next.

Thanks for sharing the photos and, tips.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts