El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has finally came today is the day to drop the new 350 in. So far everything has gone by plan and I haven't had a single bolt that didn't come off with ease. The exhaust manifold bolts were a piece of cake but I soaked them every day for a week .
here's what she looks like:nanawrench::nanawrench::nanawrench: I like my women like my coffee BLACK:poke:
Robert

·
Participating Member
2,257 Posts
Git'er done, Robert. Ya got three weeks!:nanawrench:

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
" I like my women like my coffee BLACK"

Ima hatein' ta bust ya bubble, but da saying is: "I like my women like I like my coffee; HOT, BLACK, and SWEET!!" And, I ain't nun of dem!!!:poke:

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
You could of gone with a Big Block.:nanawrench:
J/K Robert, you doin' good man.
Come next May your mouse should be good an broken-in for a little drive to Tx.
Come on over and join the party.

P.S. we have some good fishing too and ice cold brew.:poke:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
O.k. as you all know there's always something that hangs you up doing a motor swap but this ones a winner. I bought almost everything new down to new motor mounts except a oil filter adapter. What for use the old one RIGHT!!!! I HAVE HAD TROUBLES GETTING OFF AN OLD OIL FILTER .
If all else fails use a screw driver but this filter wouldn't come off no matter what. We destroyed it and still couldn't get it off. Went and bought a new one and asked what screws were needed and the guy blew me off got home and found some that would work so done with that. Now trying to line up the motor to the mounts isn't going good but finally were on got one side bolted up but can't get the hole on the passenger side right. Looking we have the motor mount upside down O.K. TIME TO STOP FOR THAT DAY . SORRY MEANT FOR THE NIGHT
Does anyone think we can lift that side and flip it over or is it better and faster just to pull the motor and fix it ?

I'm really proud of myself in the heat I held my composure stayed calm and said we can fix it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Yea just keep it on the hoist and raise it a little (i'd take the other side loose) and flip it over. No biggie!!!
Great job so far!!!
Knowing when to stop is a very important thing!!!
Donny

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea just keep it on the hoist and raise it a little (I'd take the other side loose) and flip it over. No biggie!!!
Great job so far!!!
Knowing when to stop is a very important thing!!!
Donny
You bet I knew after finding the problem and it starting to get dark it was time to quit. Once seeing all this for the first time it's not really a problem doing any of this it's all in knowing in what your doing.
Thanks Donny will be back with the results soon .:nanawrench:I still look like this:nanawrench: hopefully not like this later :let_it_all_out:

Robert

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Rob, It's been 4 days now...sooo...how's she running? I sure hope that all went A-Ok on the swap-a-roo and you are now blasting down the highways?!! Any bit of an update is eagerly anticapited.
Regards, Greg

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Rob, It's been 4 days now...sooo...how's she running? I sure hope that all went A-Ok on the swap-a-roo and you are now blasting down the highways?!! Any bit of an update is eagerly anticapited.
Regards, Greg

Go to my build thread here it's maybe on page two right now :nanawrench: . It's in and ready to break-in this weekend.
Thanks
Robert

Hkd up 87 305/350 let the build begin 5/30/12

·
Registered
165 Posts
Good Job Man! Looks good. I had the same issue bolting mine to the motor mounts tto, but I just took the motor out so it would be in the way.

Good Luck

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good Job Man! Looks good. I had the same issue bolting mine to the motor mounts tto, but I just took the motor out so it would be in the way.

Good Luck

We fought that motor for hours before noticing it was installed upside down.:dontknow: We just lifted the one side and flipped it over in a 1/2 hr max.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for re-directing me Robert - - Man, you've sure got that engine bay looking good!! I'm positive that given all the "attention-to-detail" you've been applying it's going to go Vroom-Vroom right off the bat. Great job. Greg

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Hope it doesn't go Vroom Vroom. You need a high steady idle like 2000 rpms for about a 1/2 hour to break in the cam. Watch engine temps as you keep the revs up. Hopefully you're outside and have airflow. If not set up some fans directed at the radiator.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts