El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, kinda. In process of buying an 1984 ElCamino. Does anyone know of a shipper to pick up an El in Omaha, NE. And deliver to Fort Wayne, Indiana? Reasonable rates preferred. 641 miles. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Hi HotSS, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. I don't know of anyone that could move it for you, but there might be members in your area that will. Could you rent a trailer and move it yourself?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
620 miles each way. if you rented a uhaul trailer locally for the weekend (about $120) starting Friday night as they close, return it by Monday morning, it could be done. start driving as soon as you rent, drive overnight, get there by 12 noon, have time to inspect and pickup Elkie, get hotel and relax for the rest of Saturday. leave early Sunday, arrive home that night, offload Elkie and return trailer by opening time Monday morning.

·
Registered
161 Posts
HotSS, sorry I missed you when you joined, sending welcome greetings from Seattle, Wa.
I hope you are enjoying your new car. Show us some pics of it.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,528 Posts
Newbie here, kinda. In process of buying an 1984 ElCamino. Does anyone know of a shipper to pick up an El in Omaha, NE. And deliver to Fort Wayne, Indiana? Reasonable rates preferred. 641 miles. Thanks
HotSS , Welcome from the Florida keys . The sugestions made by 78 Elk , cyberray and DaveInWinnipeg are good ones . If you choose to have it transported , I suggest going on to Hemmings Magazine at www.hemmings.com or a Google search will bring up a number of companies . I counted 14 companies listed in their June 2020 issue . Do you want enclosed or open transport which will be cheaper . Online , you can also fill in what/where you need and a number of companies will contact you with info /prices for their services . Some have large trucks while many are companies/individuals that have a good sized pick up truck and trailer . The main thing is to check their reviews . When you find one that you feel is the right choice , ask them to send you a copy of the contract . Good luck with your adventure .

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,076 Posts
Try UShip.com

Have used them several times with excellent results.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have also used USHIP, just be sure not to release their money until you have your car and there should be no issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts