El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY SHOPS IN THE ATLANTA, GA AREA THAT HAVE A GOOD DEAL OF EXPERIENCE WITH EL CAMINO RESTORATION. I WANT TO GET MY 1981 GMC CABALLERO PAINTED IN THE SPRING OF 2014. BUT, I HAVE SOME CONCERNS ABOUT WHAT MAY LIE IN THE NOOKS & CRANNIES. SO, I WANT TO CONSULT WITH A REPUTABLE SHOP, AND WORK TOGETHER ON A STRATEGY FOR GETTING MY RESTORATION ACCOMPLISHED. I DON'T WANT TO TAKE IT TO A SHOP THAT HASN'T DEALT WITH MANY, IF ANY, ELCO's. I KNOW I HAVE A WATER LEAK, AT THE FRONT & REAR GLASS. A WINDOW INSTALLER SAID THAT I MAY HAVE TO GET SOME RUST REPAIR / WELDING DONE, TO FIX THE LEAKS. AND, I HAVE A FEW OTHER AREAS THAT I WANT EXPERIENCED HANDS TO TAKE A LOOK AT.

I GUESS MY MAIN REASON FOR THIS THREAD IS TO FIND A SHOP, IN MY AREA, THAT WILL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE PROBABLY UP AGAINST, BEFORE THEY SIGN UP FOR THE JOB. I DON'T WANT TO DROP MY CAR OFF EXPECTING ONE PRICE, AND PICK IT UP WITH A BILL THAT HAS A FEW EXTRA ZEROS ADDED TO IT.

ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS...

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Welcome to the mess Jordan. We are a bunch of nukkaheads here but there's NO NEED TO YELL!
There are some active members in your area so you'll be getting some info shortly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome... Sorry for the all caps... It's a habit, not yelling... Lol... I'm already loving the information that's being shared...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I know the feeling with trying to find someone experienced in what your not. I'm sure someone from here will help you in that area. You can also go to a cruise nite or car show and ask around you may get some leads. Also you can give some paint supply places a call and they may give you some insight on a good restorer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts