El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have aftermarket exhaust that the last guy put on and it does not have a cat, but Should it?

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
My 79 has no cats.....my monte has no cats.........my S10 has no cats....In CT if you register your 20 yr old vehicle with "Early American" plates, there is no emission test. And she wonders why everything I have is at least 20....

·
Registered
578 Posts
Nothing like spending $400 and losing a ton of performance.:let_it_all_out:
Most cars built in 75 are now exempt from emissions testing.
Spend the $400 on Beer.:beer:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks black, and i called Daves he says he has too put cats on if it came like that from factory. So ill have to call around a bit

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
if you dont have to have it emission tested i wouldnt bother .they wont know unless they test it

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey, Why bother if your State doesn't require it. To me, you're just wasting money & time. Eliminated mine off long time ago, and disconnect the smog pump too, if you got one....

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
The way it is in CT if you take your veh to a repair shop and it originally came with cats, they are not supposed to do exhaust work if no cats are present. Gotta do it yourself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok so if i do it myself (Like i originally planned) i was just going to buy the pipe and bring it in to have it bent. I am really picky on how i want the exhaust tips to stick out of the back, so i am afraid to buy an exhaust kit because i know i wont be happy. Thought???? Suggestions????:poke:

·
Registered
158 Posts
what you should put is some electric cut outs............know that give you some extra power and let everyone know your coming down the road......personally i would only do this at the race track..hahahha cats........i hate cats.....:nanawrench:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
You could always carry a cat litter pan in the bed to keep things tidy! Remember years ago when Esso stations handed out tiger tails to customers that hung on the gas filler door? Big kitty.:poke:

·
Registered
578 Posts
It's amazing how one dork lawyer(Ralph Nader) and one government agency (epa) can ruin The complete American economy.
I blame Ralph Nader for the junk we drive today.
His so called Safety concerns (really money concerns),by suing Gm,brought about the plastic and Styrofoam automobile construction of today.
I protest by driving cars without cats...I love cats...Dead ones!:texas::beer:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Corvairs were great cars as long as you kept good oil in them. I put clutches in a few. They were fun to drive, especially the Corsa. Nader is a bum.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts