El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I have a 1970 El Camino SS 396 with bucket seats and for some reason, there are no shoulder belts with this car. The paneling and headliner shows no holes or any evidence of them being installed. The headliner is a factory installed headliner so if any shoulder belts from the factory would have been installed, I assume there would be holes left in the headliner where screws had gone through it. I would like to install these shoulder belts mainly for appearance but for safety also.

Would anyone have a photo or diagram of how these shoulder belts got installed and the hardware that goes with it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i believe they were a requirement starting in either 1969 or 1970. my 69 charger has them but the 71 gs convertible doesnt i guess because it was a convertible.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, well heres what I found out with the elky so far.... Definitely the original headliner and side panels so I have to assume that either the factory made a Monday morning mistake or Friday rush to go home job or that they were ordered without the shoulder belts.

If anyone else has seen or heard of this, please let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts