El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Deputy Director Supporting Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading through Michaelj's thread on the HEI rebuild, and someone mentioned the Skip White distributors as a replacement option. Are these distributors cheaply made with cheap parts? Are they nice quality? Made here in the States? Trying to determine how the price is less than 1/2 of the foreign-made brand names like Accel or MSD. Thanks!

http://www.skipwhiteperformance.com/detail.aspx?Item=PE-350-R

· Premium Member
12,128 Posts
The prices tell you that it's off-shore made, but that doesn't mean it's poor quality. The Chinese are gradually finding out that bad news about their products is bad business, so quality seems to be gradually get better. Japanese-made products were somewhat inferior back in the 60s etc also, and they got the message about quality.

Of course some parts like brake rotors made in China are price-driven products. An example is rotors for the Buick I just bought. Cheap ones are 25 bucks, while Wagners are 64 bucks. Wagner rotors may be Chinese too for all I know (?)
Anyway, for 25 bucks for the cheap ones, I can toss them and buy another pair & still come out ahead.
Seems to be good comments here about products from Skip White.....

· Deputy Director Supporting Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, it seems there is overwhelming support for White Performance products. It was simply curious to me that they didn't label it as a "Skip White" distributor but it also didn't have any other name on it. It's supposed to arrive this morning, and I look forward to installing it this evening. I've never had a clear cap before, but have seen them on youtube.

· Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Well, my 120A alternator and my new HEI (165kVolts) came in last night. Got the Alty installed this morning before my energy gave out. Working fine!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.