El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a strange issue ,if you want to call it that, but i blow smoke every so often when i start my car its not blue its a clearish white smoke with a strong smell but not of gas or oil. i dont really know even remotely why it does it especially sense it doesnt happen every time. any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
does it have a sweet smell? smells remarkably like silage actually (a type of corn feed for livestock)

if so, is prolly antifreeze making the smoke. a gasket seeping or pinhole leak, given what you said. and it would be an intake or head gasket, cause it's leaking into a cylinder.

:dontknow:

·
Registered
555 Posts
does it have a sweet smell? smells remarkably like silage actually (a type of corn feed for livestock)

if so, is prolly antifreeze making the smoke. a gasket seeping or pinhole leak, given what you said. and it would be an intake or head gasket, cause it's leaking into a cylinder.

:dontknow:
I didnt want to say it.

Lets hope its something simple.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You blow smoke when you start your car or your car blows smoke? JK

Clearish/White smoke to me means water. Does it do it when its cold or hot or both?
well i havent had it in real cold weather but yes and no it doesnt do it all the time so its hard to tell i omost thought it was my exhaust manifolds because i have a metal tube that isnt fully attached on it and its old and rusty

·
Supporting Member
4,527 Posts
Also check your trans fluid level. The vacuum modulator on the trans can go bad, and allow trans fluid to be sucked into the intake manifold, causing white smoke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts