El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way out my driveway to enjoy the Easter morning and a cup of coffee with my wife. I encountered this little guy stretched out in the Cul De Sac. Armed with my trusty snake removal pole and Arizona approved snake removal apparel I assisted him to the desert common area between my house and my neighbor’s house. I made sure he headed away my driveway. Last seen heading for a shady broom bush. Possibly looking for Easter Eggs. Love living in the desert, you never know what critters you come across. Happy Easter everyone.

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
Happy Easter to you and your family. Be safe and have fun.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,839 Posts
I hope that when you headed him out , you gave him directions to Keyser Sose`s house
;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He wasn’t that big about 3 feet long. My concern is my dog. She likes to sniff around the bushes. Last year I had this guy show up at my garage just before I was getting ready to crawl under my Elky.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
On my way out my driveway to enjoy the Easter morning and a cup of coffee with my wife. I encountered this little guy stretched out in the Cul De Sac. Armed with my trusty snake removal pole and Arizona approved snake removal apparel I assisted him to the desert common area between my house and my neighbor’s house. I made sure he headed away my driveway. Last seen heading for a shady broom bush. Possibly looking for Easter Eggs. Love living in the desert, you never know what critters you come across. Happy Easter everyone. View attachment 136663
What kind of snake is that ? poisonus ? We have many different snakes here in Fla. but only 4-5 poison ones .

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s a diamondback rattlesnake. We have 13 different species of rattlesnakes in AZ. The big orange and black lizard is a Gila Monster. Their bite is poisonous.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris, you guys have those big walking suitcases that seem enjoy your swimming pools. I’m glad we don’t have them here.

·
Premium Member
4,698 Posts
This is Nancy P, as named by the neighbors.
I did not see her until I had one foot on the patio.
Good thing she was full and a little slow that day.

How long of a snake pole should I buy? A ten foot pole, doesn't seem long enough.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Y'all are giving the shivers

Reactions: PCH66

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gale, that is nice a looking Dback. I with you a 10 foot pole does feel a little inadequate. My wife bought this pole last year for me. Its a 36 inch pole and while I was behind the snake I said to myself this pole needs to be longer since they have a striking range of about 2/3 their length and quick. I used to have a nice square nose shovel that was my snake charmer when I lived up in Northern Calif. I was a lot younger and not so wise. R/T I just try to give as much room as I can.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Chris, you guys have those big walking suitcases that seem enjoy your swimming pools. I’m glad we don’t have them here.
Yep , we got gators ,crocks , but I fear the Eastern Diamondback Rattler most we got big ones here as well as cotton mouth maccasins , coral snakes & others .

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Yep , we got gators ,crocks , but I fear the Eastern Diamondback Rattler most we got big ones here as well as cotton mouth maccasins , coral snakes & others .
and THIS is why you'll never see me living in Florida! (aside from the hurricanes and humidity and pythons in the swamps!)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
and THIS is why you'll never see me living in Florida! (aside from the hurricanes and humidity and pythons in the swamps!)

View attachment 136743
Well most of us don't live in swamps . But they're not faraway , I was born & raised in FLA. & I've never been bitten by a gator , crock or snake & I'm almost 76 , lived here all my life except my time in the military . Yes we do get Hurricanes here now & then but we get plenty of time to prepare for them . Being without electric is the worst part . I worked for the Power company here & worked a lot of Hurricanes & storms . We really don't need anyone else moving here , we are the 3rd largest state in population , we just passed NY state a few years ago . But we welcome all who want to visit here or move here .

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had snakes fall out of the trees around my house. Happened at least 3 times last year.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Well most of us don't live in swamps . But they're not faraway , I was born & raised in FLA. & I've never been bitten by a gator , crock or snake & I'm almost 76 , lived here all my life except my time in the military . Yes we do get Hurricanes here now & then but we get plenty of time to prepare for them . Being without electric is the worst part . I worked for the Power company here & worked a lot of Hurricanes & storms . We really don't need anyone else moving here , we are the 3rd largest state in population , we just passed NY state a few years ago . But we welcome all who want to visit here or move here .
I'm just not a southern climate person, desert person, beach person, or even a large-population-city person. sure, it's pretty to visit but just not my personal cup of tea; to each their own. I'll let you enjoy it with one less person year round.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts